I give up......

R

rahul9

Well, I've finally given up trying to get the wc03 expansion to work. :unsure:

I've uninstalled ck2002 and given it a clean install. I've tried to install the "fix" but that never seems to work at all. It just says there are files missing. So that doesn't work for me. I've made sure everything is extracted to the c:\program files\easports\cricket2002\ folder. I've added the sound update 1.5 but this seems to cause my computer to lock up more times than not.

Finally I extracted the wc03 to the same folder and installed it. Then I add the "update" and it tells me : component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I was best off when I had the game running with some kit updates and the sound update. It still worked when I first installed the wc03 but ever since the update came out, I've had nothing but poohe for luck.

Now my system is crashing all the time and it seems that cricket 2002 is the main reason for it.

I think you've done a fantastic job with all the work you've done here but it's certainly not going to work for me.

Cheerio.

J

jericho007

Checkout the FAQ section .
you need to download some system files that will run game.
I had same problem as you and downloaded these ocx files and it worked

A

Admin

R

rahul9

OK, so I haven't really given up. I'll keep tinkering with it. I had previously downloaded the .ocx stuff that Vineet pointed out. Maybe they're gone now.

It could very well be my computer. I'd hate to think so.

Give me a minute and I'll try again.....

R

rahul9

Alright, I've got it. First of all, sorry to make you have to respond to all my problems. Thanks again for the help.

I decided to try it out with Canada. Happily, I played in the SCG and there were no crowd errors. Also, Davidson batted like a champion, and didn't have a Dutch name. The rest of the team sucked so I guess it's fairly accurate.

Unfortunately, it was very, very quiet during the match. Didn't even get the intro commentary. Once the game started, there was absolutely no sound whatsoever. Not even after I quit the game back to the menu.

Thought you should know.

Thanks once more.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread