ICC ban on illegal bats.

R

rasi

Here is an extract from the indiatimes.

The ICC has decided to crack down on the use of illegal bats which surfaced in the 2003 World Cup. The ICC has also decided to review its current illegal deliveries process and also initiate a discussion on the volume of cricket being played.

i think in the '70s Dennis Lillee used a titaniium bat for a few tests but then a rule came that only willow bats could be used

Nearly right.....

He used an aluminium bat for about 2 balls, before the English players complained (it was making the ball go out of shape) and the umpires told him to use a wooden one.

The laws say that bats have to be made out of wood, although willow is the traditional wood used.

Yeah, when the umpires asked him not to use the bat, he got really animated and just flung the bat away. :D :D :lol: :lol:

i have seen that bat in the Mueseum at the MCG

no wonder the ball was going out of shape, the edges were so sharpe that it could have cut the ball in 2! :P

I think some abtsmen used bats that were not made entirely of wood, they had something in the middle of them, to give an extra "kick" to the ball. I could be wrong.

There was an incident in baseball recently where a player was banned for having cork inside his bat. It could be a similar case at the Cricket World Cup.

I dont understand why a player like sammy sosa has to use a cork bat. It was really funny thou. A piece of cork sliced out :D .

He said i must have picked a bat from my practice bats :o

Users who are viewing this thread