ICC consider use of forensic tests

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Full Article Here

The ICC have suggested that forensic tests may be conducted on the ball used in the controversial Oval Test to ensure a fair hearing for the Pakistan captain, Inzamam-ul-Haq, which is due to take place at the end of September.

I personally disagree with this. The umpires on-field didn't have access to forensic tests when they ruled that Pakistan tampered with the ball. The ICC must rule about the ball tampering issue with only the evidence that was available to the umpires at the time of their ruling--which was what they saw.

I feel its not wrong to check whether the ball was tampered. The umpire feels that the ball was tampered with though his evidences werent conclusive. But if you can really find out if the ball was really tampered with, why not go for it?

I personally feel agree with the idea. Hair is being made a villian by that side of the world (which side of the world, we know!). Let the truth come out. The true culprit must be punished!

saisrini80 said:
Let the truth come out. The true culprit must be punished!

The truth should come out,no doubt about that

But even i disagree.
Why have forensic investigation into it ?

The umpires felt that something was wrong n they r right in doin what they felt.If you are goin to go in for forensics everytime,why have the umpire at all ?

If you need to resort to forensic testing to figure out if the ball was tampered with, that more or less confirms the fact that on-field, the umpires did not have enough evidence to confidently rule of ball tampering. This is not about who is being made villain, etc., it is about if the umpires had enough on-field evidence to prove ball-tampering.

Events triggered off each other and the whole fiasco would have been avoided if the umpires had (a) not ruled on what seems to be a baseless assumption or (b) come out with solid, concrete evidence (I don't care if it's video footage or not) that the ball had been tampered with, and they had seen it.

a phrase springs to mind "making a mountain out of a molehill"!!
whats the use of forensic testing going to prove??? all thats going to happen is that more money is going to b wasted around this issue and in the end the decision is gona b one that one party will not agree with!!! if there is no evidence there from tv cameras etc then finish it off..whats the use in dragging this out!?!?

Last edited:
This is getting rather tedious. They have no proof and they're fully aware of that. Forensic tests? "Oh my god, we found Asif's fingerprints on the ball!!!"

Pointless, it's just going to die down, unless Pakistan sue or something.

Users who are viewing this thread