ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The tournament runs from January 16th to January 30th.

Here are the fixtures:Fixtures, Schedule | ICC Under-19 World Cup | Cricinfo.com

Group A:
India
England
Afghanistan
Hong Kong

Group B:
South Africa
Australia
Ireland
United States

Group C:
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe
Canada

Group D:
Pakistan
Bangladesh
West Indies
Papua New Guinea

This world cup is a little closer then the other one that is started so maybe we can take the heat of the other one and take some discussion into this thread.
India are the defending champions and they open the world cup against Afghanistan. It will be interesting to see how the teams do in New Zealand conditions.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was thinking whether Umar akmal and Aamir can play or not?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

I'm fairly certain Umar Akmal is still eligible, as is Mohammad Aamer. But as long as they're performing for Pakistan they should be touring Australia at that time.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
IF they are allowed to play,they can cause much damage to other teams.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
IF they are allowed to play,they can cause much damage to other teams.

Tbh I can't see the PCB sending them to this world cup, it wouldn't benefit Akmal and Aamer and it would hinder the growth of two other young up and coming players.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Tbh I can't see the PCB sending them to this world cup, it wouldn't benefit Akmal and Aamer and it would hinder the growth of two other young up and coming players.

Yup rightly said,they will be backbone of Pakistan's lineup in Australian tour.
Can't believe how they made this in such a early age.

P

pcfan123

Very excited about this, USA did well to qualify beating Scotland and Canada. Will be a good test to see where our youth stands compared to the full-members.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I remember when this was televised over here in 2004 and 2006, but for some reason the 2008 one wasn't shown. This one is going to be which is good news.

C'mon England!

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Why would you send players that are already proven back into the U19 system?

I love this tournament, really gives us a chance to see the future.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
India FTW.

Lets see if the World Champions can continue their outstanding record in the U-19 World Cup :)

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I am going to look at the odds and if they're pretty good I'm going for bangladesh.

They seem to be playing more U19 internationals than anyone, they toured sri lanka and england in the summer. Hosted england, are now in zimbabwe and will go back to sri lanka to play in a tri-series with pakistan.

wouldn't count for that much but they are also trashing these teams. should have more experience of playing together and adapting to foreign conditions.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I'm going to pick a Sub-Continent team to win again. Pakistan have a knack, of having some very talented youngsters, and they would be the obvious pick. But like that guy said, Bangladesh are also a good choice. They have a lot of young talent, and some pretty good spinners as well. Their batting is pretty good as well. I'm somewhat interested in our team, but we hardly ever have a player debut before the age of 23, so they will still have to wait about 4-5 years after this to have a shot for the national Team, which sort of makes it pointless for me too watch. But last time we got Parnell, and maybe this year we can get another star in the making.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Very excited about this, USA did well to qualify beating Scotland and Canada. Will be a good test to see where our youth stands compared to the full-members.

i know the captain, he used to live near us, until he moved and went to college some near by city..and i know for a fact he isnt under 19.. lol

MacLovin added 4 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

I am going to look at the odds and if they're pretty good I'm going for bangladesh.

They seem to be playing more U19 internationals than anyone, they toured sri lanka and england in the summer. Hosted england, are now in zimbabwe and will go back to sri lanka to play in a tri-series with pakistan.

wouldn't count for that much but they are also trashing these teams. should have more experience of playing together and adapting to foreign conditions.

damn! you know more about them then i do .. i only knew about the England trashing series @ home. i heard they won the series v Eng in Eng..and current Zim series..didnt know all the other stuff you mentioned

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Same thing was the situation with India in previous version.
Ishant Sharma, Rohit Sharma nd Piyush Chawla were eligible but they were at Australia playing for India.

Users who are viewing this thread