ICC Under-19 World Cup

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just wondering why there wasn't a thread for this event. Maybe people don't love watching juniors playing in a big competition, but it always exciting for me. Well I don't miss this event since 2007. Always love to watch the junior's world cup.

16 teams playing at a cricket world cup is always like to dream for me. All teams are divided in 4 groups having 4 teams each.

Fixtures

Obviously I'm supporting India. India has an easy challenge at group stages. We just need to concentrate on warm-up games to make knock round stages easier. Hope we'll retain the world cup this time.

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think a few selected games are being covered by SkySports so I will definitely keep an eye on it.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
sort of shock in the warm ups, zimmers beat australia. SL will be pretty happy with a win over india who are usually a very strong U19 side.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Ah! This is pretty awesome that India and Australia are beaten by weak looking sides. If Zim and Lankans keeps their good form throughout the tournament then this surely going to be a classic competition where word 'competition' proves meaningful.:)

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah that Ryan Burl for Zimbabwe looks like a consistent performer.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Had a nice game really. Consistency in performance over past year is still balanced. Hooda seems an absolute great package. Brilliant, all rounder show. Pakistan also had a good start but later unexpectedly collapsed against Hooda's striking. Well still more to come. Anyway loved watching all junior's play today.:)

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quickly take a screengrab of the Group A points table friends, you might not get an opportunity to see Scots leading the table again in the next few years.

Had a nice game really. Consistency in performance over past year is still balanced. Hooda seems an absolute great package. Brilliant, all rounder show. Pakistan also had a good start but later unexpectedly collapsed against Hooda's striking. Well still more to come. Anyway loved watching all junior's play today.:)

I will wait to comment anything on Hooda for most of the wickets he got in the last match was when the batsmen tried to hit him out and not by deceiving them. Three players I am very impressed with are Sarfaraz Khan, C. Milind and Yadav. I have been following Sarfaraz and Arman Jaffer for a while now and I can say if groomed well, Sarfaraz can be the next big thing for India in shorter formats and Jaffer (though not selected for the world cup) in the test matches. Milind has got pace but he needs to quickly get his line right while Yadav impressed me with his bowling. It was refreshing to see a chinaman bowler after all these years and the lad does bowl well without a shade of doubt.

On the other hand, I was very disappointed by the Pakistani batsmen. A lot of them tried to sweep everything which is an indication of their lack of skill to negotiate spin which you do not expect from a team from subcontinent. Hopefully, they have taken a leaf out of the partnership between Sarfaraz and Samson and play in the 'V' with the straight bat.

Last edited:

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
I will wait to comment anything on Hooda for most of the wickets he got in the last match was when the batsmen tried to hit him out and not by deceiving them.

I should have done same. It was someone else to score 74 runs and I thought Hooda has played brilliant all rounder role. *wrong info*

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Arfraz has a image of Yuvraj in him, impressing every game. Will he be taking part in IPL? :spy
Afghanistan beat Australia.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Whoa the Australian defeat really surprised me.Both the national and U-19 Afghanisthan teams are now emerging.

India looks good.Good to see Sanju Samson making some good knocks :clap.Hope he "won't" get a national call too early and destroy his talents.

Users who are viewing this thread