ICC Women's ODI WC-2017

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How the f*** did Gunn drop that?[DOUBLEPOST=1500828077][/DOUBLEPOST]ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Bigby Wolf

Massive Choke from the Indians! They did what England's men used to do in the finals of World Cups/Tournaments.Similar to what happened in CT final of 2013.

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congrats to England Women. :) What a terrific tournament it's been!

:eng::eng::eng:

B

Bigby Wolf

Congratulations England womens team! History will be remember this as one of the greatest comeback ever and Indian Womens team take a bow no one expected you to reach even the final four but you made the nation proud and grab all the eyeballs across the Country from this terrific campaign.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Congratulations England womens team! History will be remember this as one of the greatest comeback ever and Indian Womens team take a bow no one expected you to reach even the final four but you made the nation proud and grab all the eyeballs across the Country from this terrific campaign.

Well said - let's hope progression is made following this tournament. Probably better for global game if India had won, but they have come on leaps and bounds!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Heart wrenching for India, but the Indian girls have done something remarkable in this tournament by putting a huge amount of focus onto themselves. For a cricket crazy nation like India, women's cricket had still not taken off at all and this tournament and the performances from the team have really give Indian women's cricket a massive boost. A lot of us now know who Harmanpreet Kaur is, who Deepti Sharma is, who Jhulan Goswami is, who Veda Krishnamurthy is, etc. That is itself a big break. If India can feed off this and work on making strides forward, a World Cup victory for women is not far away. And more importantly, forcing the male dominated society to give them more games and maybe start a women's IPL is also not far. If countries like Australia can have a women version of BBL, why not India?

Congrats to England, but India should come out of this with heads held high.

Well said - let's hope progression is made following this tournament. Probably better for global game if India had won, but they have come on leaps and bounds!

Actually, it would have not mattered if India won or lost. That game vs Australia and Harmanpreet Kaur's innings has already made headlines in the country and has made people sit up and take notice of women's cricket potential. And this final and its extremely close nature will further fuel positivity towards women's cricket in India.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Fireworks have started in England and also in Pakistan:p:facepalm

What an utterly stupid comment. Why bring in Pakistan?

On a more related note, what a final. Didn't watch any of the games barring the final and what a great ending. A great game of cricket with some quality twists and turns.

Really wish this tournament had been advertised better. Wouldn't have even know about it had I not been an hourly visitor of Cricinfo. Nice to see a decent audience for the final.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Bad running from India.
It was criminal of them to not hit Gunn's Balls( I have not seen her first 4 overs) but what I saw that the balls were extremely hit-table.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Really wish this tournament had been advertised better. Wouldn't have even know about it had I not been an hourly visitor of Cricinfo. Nice to see a decent audience for the final.

In the UK the age old problem of money versus coverage. I.e. matches only shown on Sky (so only those with access to Sky Cricket channel could watch it. Sky have the money the ICC want but not the coverage someone like the BBC would have given them to appeal to a wider audience

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
In the UK the age old problem of money versus coverage. I.e. matches only shown on Sky (so only those with access to Sky Cricket channel could watch it. Sky have the money the ICC want but not the coverage someone like the BBC would have given them to appeal to a wider audience

Fully agree. Had the BBC had the coverage the audience would have been a hell of a lot higher. Sadly, the conundrum will remain for the foreseeable future with both the male and female version. Goes back to the Olympics debate again.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
The best thing about India not winning was I don't have to see tons of posts saying the Dhoni Magic continues.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What an utterly stupid comment. Why bring in Pakistan?

On a more related note, what a final. Didn't watch any of the games barring the final and what a great ending. A great game of cricket with some quality twists and turns.

I guess that person (who brought in Pakistan) must have read some Twitter comments/rants from certain Pakistani people who did rejoice after Indian women lost.

I know those comments must not be attributed to the 'entire nation', but there definitely were some unsavory comments from 'certain' Pakistani fans, even though it was the women at play.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I know those comments must not be attributed to the 'entire nation', but there definitely were some unsavory comments from 'certain' Pakistani fans, even though it was the women at play.
It has always been vice-versa between the Indian and Pakistani fans, they do go after each other. But, only some.

In Your words, "Those comments must not be attributed to the entire nation".

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Let's get back to the real issue at hand

"England are World Cup Champions" - how the **** did that happen, we don't win anything :D

Users who are viewing this thread