ICC World Cup 2011 tickets on sale!

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When someone prematurely opened a CWC 2011 thread a few months back, we had a few people enquiring about the tickets. Just saw that 100,000 tickets have just gone on sale in phase 1 of ticketing.

Does anyone intend coming to the subcontinent for the mega event? Post your plans here.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - Cricket Match Tickets, Schedule, Venues, Matches, Team & City Packages - Book now on KyaZoonga

As for the Indian members, I saw some city/region-wise plans available. Unfortunately, for me there are no India games at Mumbai. Might just go for the NZ-SL game. I really hope we have people coming over to the subcontinent for this event. Cricket cannot afford another CWC 2007.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I wish we see a India-Pakistan game this World Cup. The last game in a World Cup in India between these two teams was HIGH VOLTAGE!

King Cricket

International Coach
I will definitely give the Eden Gardens a visit during the India-England match. Can't imagine myself not going to a World Cup game at Kolkata!

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

I heard they have priced the tickets very reasonably, should be great to see full crowds.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I purchased tickets for India vs West Indies at Chepauk on March 20th! :)

I wanted seats in the pavillion end and even had the tickets in my cart until we realized shipping to America was $30 alone. Just as we took them out some bugger got them before we could change the address to our grandparents in Chennai. But it's all good, we got tickets in the North end (slips/mid on) :D.

P

pcfan123

Damn that sucks but cant complain once you WC tickets! Plus you get to see Gayle

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
:(.
No matches at Hyderabad.
I may go to Nagpur or Bengaluru to watch a Match.

It has been long time since I visited a match (Last one being India VS Australia at Hyderabad) and even IPL was not played at Hyderabad. I might go to Bengaluru to watch India VS Ireland/Australia VS Kenya.
No two test playing nations are clashing off at Bangalore:(.

Binnu added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

And Wow! Here comes the most greatest venues of ICC CWC 2011..
Hambantota International Cricket Stadium | Sri Lanka | Cricket Grounds | Cricinfo.com
:facepalm.

Instead of this, they could have done the matches at Hyderabad.

King Cricket

International Coach
Will any of my foreign friends be coming to the subcontinent for the World Cup? :p Asians alone will dilute the fun somewhat.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I will but i'm not really foreign...Chennai is my home city. But I will be making the trip all the way from America!!

Going to be hectic, i'll only be in India for like 3 days. The plane ride alone is 27 or so hours each way. Jet lag is going to be a pain.

P

pcfan123

Will any of my foreign friends be coming to the subcontinent for the World Cup? :p Asians alone will dilute the fun somewhat.

I thought about it but its too far and I would not feel safe by myself, think Im saving my money for the next Ashes in England.

Going to be hectic, i'll only be in India for like 3 days. The plane ride alone is 27 or so hours each way. Jet lag is going to be a pain.

That sounds way too rushed man, whats the time limit? I image its pretty expensive for just 3 days! Grand each day there almost after you count hotel and tickets.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Although tickets are booked there's no 100% guarantee that i'll go because the interviews for special programs and a few exclusive schools is in March. I'm just hoping and praying that it doesn't land inside the weekish that i'll be gone. I'm trying to make this trip as quick as possible. Plus I can't miss too much school because i'll have 4 AP classes second semester next year :(.

Thankfully my dad travels alot and has raked in ungodly amounts of miles and I can travel for free to India. I will be staying with my Grandparents so no hotel costs either. Just the cost of tickets for the game!

Ashes sounds like a good plan though. Imagine that will be quite expensive too...England is an expensive place! My dad was there a few years ago and it was something like $80 for ICC Cricket Captain!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread