ICC World T20 2010 - West Indies

Which team could win the ICC World T20 2010 in West Indies?

• Pakistan

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • South Africa

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • West Indies

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • England

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • India

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An Associate Nation

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My money is on Australia.
they are currently a very balanced side with very good hitters and the best fast bowlers.

Great to see Ingram and Therron make it, hope they make the final squad. Ingram looks like he could be a real find. I can't se Miller making the squad though he can sure hit a ball miles.

Think miller has a better chance than ingram. Ingram bats number 3 and top order is pretty much decided while number 5 and 6 is up for grabs and with albie really struggling for form it won't surprise me if someone like miller gets drafted. He is more a finisher than ingram.

No real surprises in the England T20i squad. I'm annoyed that Peter Trego, Michael Yardy, Owais Shah, Saj Mahmood, Chris Woakes, Ajmal Shahzad, Dimitri Mascarenhas and Tim Bresnan continue to get picked ahead of Graham Napier. He must have annoyed the coaches during the tournament in 09 or something, because he's a much better T20 player than any of those listed above. Especially annoyed at the hugely over-rated Peter Trego getting in the squad. Such a mediocre player that's been hyped beyond belief by David Lloyd, so frustrating. Good that Kieswetter, Lumb and Bopara (Yeah, I'm biased towards Rav, problem? :p) have been selected and that Cook's been left out though. The full squad is:

Paul Collingwood (capt), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Steven Davies, Joe Denly, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Michael Lumb, Sajid Mahmood, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Eoin Morgan, Graham Onions, Kevin Pietersen, Liam Plunkett, Matt Prior, Adil Rashid, Owais Shah, Ajmal Shahzad, Ryan Sidebottom, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Peter Trego, Jonathan Trott, David Wainwright, Chris Woakes, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy.

Imagine the 15 we go in with will be:

1. Craig Kieswetter
2. Jonathan Trott
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Paul Collingwood *
5. Eoin Morgan
6. Matt Prior + (I pray they drop him for a batsman, Ravi? =D)
7. Luke Wright
8. Dimitri Mascarenhas/Tim Bresnan
9. Graeme Swann
10. Stuart Broad
11. James Anderson

12. Tim Bresnan/Dimitri Mascarenhas
13. Michael Lumb
14. Ajmal Shahzad
15. Adil Rashid

Not going to win this tournament then....

England 2020 squad

Just seen the preliminary 30 man squad for world 20-20
No Cook, but both Shah and Bopara who seem well out of the equation for test and odi's.
Good to see David Wainright in there though.
Views please?

No real surprises in the England T20i squad. I'm annoyed that Peter Trego, Michael Yardy, Owais Shah, Saj Mahmood, Chris Woakes, Ajmal Shahzad, Dimitri Mascarenhas and Tim Bresnan continue to get picked ahead of Graham Napier. He must have annoyed the coaches during the tournament in 09 or something, because he's a much better T20 player than any of those listed above. Especially annoyed at the hugely over-rated Peter Trego getting in the squad. Such a mediocre player that's been hyped beyond belief by David Lloyd, so frustrating. Good that Kieswetter, Lumb and Bopara (Yeah, I'm biased towards Rav, problem? :p) have been selected and that Cook's been left out though. The full squad is:

Paul Collingwood (capt), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Steven Davies, Joe Denly, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Michael Lumb, Sajid Mahmood, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Eoin Morgan, Graham Onions, Kevin Pietersen, Liam Plunkett, Matt Prior, Adil Rashid, Owais Shah, Ajmal Shahzad, Ryan Sidebottom, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Peter Trego, Jonathan Trott, David Wainwright, Chris Woakes, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy.

1. Craig Kieswetter
2. Jonathan Trott
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Paul Collingwood *
5. Eoin Morgan
7. Luke Wright
9. Graeme Swann
10. Stuart Broad
11. James Anderson

13. Michael Lumb
14. Ajmal Shahzad
15. Adil Rashid

1. Craig Kieswetter
2. Michael Lumb
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Paul Collingwood *
5. Eoin Morgan
6. Owais Shah
7. Luke Wright
8. Tim Bresnan
9. Graeme Swann
10. Stuart Broad
11. James Anderson

1. Craig Kieswetter
2. Jonathan Trott
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Paul Collingwood *
5. Eoin Morgan
7. Luke Wright
9. Graeme Swann
10. Stuart Broad
11. James Anderson

13. Michael Lumb
14. Ajmal Shahzad
15. Adil Rashid

- You got to pick Shah in the starting XI. No way should be not make the final 15.

- Sidebottom over Shazad for sureee, Shazad didn't really impress me in that T20 he played in Dubai.

- Bopara can't make this WC squad for me. The opening position is covered with Trott/Kieswetter/Lumb better options for that format.

As you Its idiotic that the selectors dont consider Napier as one of top 30 T20 players, but yet have Mahmood in the squad MY GODDD:doh. I'd really like to know WTF do they see in Yardy up to this day, geez

- I don't rate Owais Shah. He's had chances and never really done anything, and I'm biased towards Bopara, so picked him in his place.

- Again, Fat Sid's annoyed me of late. Not looked remotely threatening with the white ball, and seems to have let himself go fitness wise. I think it's time we moved on from him personally.

- Ravi's not just an opener, he can bat in the middle order, and again, I'm biased towards Ravi.

- I don't rate Owais Shah. He's had chances and never really done anything, and I'm biased towards Bopara, so picked him in his place.

- Again, Fat Sid's annoyed me of late. Not looked remotely threatening with the white ball, and seems to have let himself go fitness wise. I think it's time we moved on from him personally.

- Ravi's not just an opener, he can bat in the middle order, and again, I'm biased towards Ravi.

Actually Shah did do enough. Between WI 2007 & Champions Trophy 2009 when he held down a regular place in the ODI team after being in & out for majority of 2001-2006, he averaged 35. Fair enough with his running between the wicket issues, the emergence of Morgan & Trott coming into the squad meant he lost his place in the first XI. But He didn't deserved to be dropped for the ODI & T20 set-up totally ESPECIALLY when those idiotic selectors recalled Cook:doh

Shah should be in the T20 team without a doubt ATM.

Bopara if he aint opening won't make sense in the middle-order in a T20. He aint a hitter. He is a poor man's Michael Clarke type player in T20s. England have better option than him as i showed ATM.

Sidebottm yes doesn't really look threatening with the white ball. But unfortauntely we dont have to mnay better options. Maybe if Napier was rightfully picked, you can have him instead.

What a joke that Napier couldn't even make the 30 man squad. We'll take him of England's hands if they don't want him.

What a joke that Napier couldn't even make the 30 man squad. We'll take him of England's hands if they don't want him.

Whats the word with that left arm quick that was born in South Africa but went to New Zealand to play cricket. Why not take him, he has a really good domestic record.

He hasn't lived here long enough. Neither has Johannes Myburgh or Colin de Grandhomme.

He hasn't lived here long enough. Neither has Johannes Myburgh or Colin de Grandhomme.

Get him a Kiwi women to marry or something.

How long do you have to live in a country in order to be eligible to play for them.

I know this has been explained before but how is Nannes eligible to play for the Dutch and Aussies. Or at least point me to where it is explained.

I'm guessing this is the NZ squad they'll go with, note this is NOT the exact squad I want:

1. B McCullum (wk)
2. P Ingram (I wouldn't have him there)
3. M Guptill
4. R Taylor
5. J Franklin (I would bat him at like seven)
6. G Hopkins (wk)
7. J Oram (I probably wouldn't have him there)
8. N McCullum
9. D Vettori (c)
10. T Southee
11. S Bond

12. D Tuffey
13. S Styris (Should be in the playing XI)
14. I Butler???
15. N Broom???

Injured:

J Ryder
K Mills

Whats the word with that left arm quick that was born in South Africa but went to New Zealand to play cricket. Why not take him, he has a really good domestic record.

Neil Wagner, he's not eligible until around November iirc. His domestic record should be taken with a grain of salt because he played a lot of provincial cricket in South Africa which is far below the standard in New Zealand.

Will Ryder be fit in time for NZ?

Users who are viewing this thread