Not open for further replies.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was surprised at how quickly Samuels gave up. Even as an Indian supporter, I know how dangerous Brathwaite can be. A future superstar and feel bad for Stokes. Another champion who will dominate the game in years to come.
I knew Brathwaite could hit a few but his strong zone is one dimensional - on the leg side off the pads. Seriously how many of us would really bank on the side to 19 in the final over with your effectively #9 on the strike, Alay? Brathwaite usually takes his time before start hitting them. He has no off side gameplay and at that point we needed someone with wide range of power shots. Someone like Russell. There has been talks about Brathwaite's lack of shots on the off side but It seems that he has worked on it which is great.

Well done team, well done Phil Simmons and Sir Curtly Ambrose.

[HASHTAG]#U19[/HASHTAG]Champs [HASHTAG]#T20[/HASHTAG]Men'sChamps #T20Women'sChamps [HASHTAG]#Rally[/HASHTAG]roundTheWestIndies

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Can anyone type those words of Sammy and Samuels, I really wasn't unable to understand half of the thing. May be my bad English. :p

Params7

International Cricketer
Song finish for Windies. They'll remember this for a long time. Both men and women won it today.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Can anyone type those words of Sammy and Samuels, I really wasn't unable to understand half of the thing. May be my bad English. :p
Sammy: "Firstly, I want to thank the almighty. Andre Fletcher kept praying. I was serious hitting from Brathwaite. I said before that we have 15 match winners in the side. To see him play like that and win the world cup was amazing. We started our journey. We were wondering if we would be part of this tournament. A lot of things were happening. We were disrespected by our board. To come out and play this sort of cricket in front of passionate fans was amazing. The trouble our manager got into to get us into this uniform was just beyond words. This win is for the people in the Caribbean. Everybody is the West Indies are champions."
-cricbuzz

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Sammy: "Firstly, I want to thank the almighty. Andre Fletcher kept praying. I was serious hitting from Brathwaite. I said before that we have 15 match winners in the side. To see him play like that and win the world cup was amazing. We started our journey. We were wondering if we would be part of this tournament. A lot of things were happening. We were disrespected by our board. To come out and play this sort of cricket in front of passionate fans was amazing. The trouble our manager got into to get us into this uniform was just beyond words. This win is for the people in the Caribbean. Everybody is the West Indies are champions."
-cricbuzz
I wanted to know the point which he said something to Nicholas and Warne. What was that and why?

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Braithwaite played a dream innings and Samuels answered some of his critics. It's a terrific night for the Windies, who looked down and out at one stage. Their brand of strength and swagger beat Englands concise planning and modernism. I feared it would happen but there is no shame in this for the English lads. They put on terrific performances, with Root, imo, the player of the tournament.

Windies are champions and England have something to build on.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Braithwaite played a dream innings and Samuels answered some of his critics. It's a terrific night for the Windies, who looked down and out at one stage. Their brand of strength and swagger beat Englands concise planning and modernism. I feared it would happen but there is no shame in this for the English lads. They put on terrific performances, with Root, imo, the player of the tournament.

Windies are champions and England have something to build on.

You clearly did not see VK bat.

bigred

Club Captain
Heartbroken isn't the word. Think that's in my top 5 cricket disappointments. I celebrate all that we did well in the tournament though. We were the most inexperienced side, and there's no reason why this lot (with the exception of Plunkett) won't be around for the next World Cup.

On the bright side, I've just won you second planet cricket fantasy league in a row after my 50 over victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread