ICC08 Editing Dilemma

darko21

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I read a post (#666 on Player Editing Tutorial) previously about editing the database for ICC08 after you have installed the patch. However, it states that you swap the cricket.exe files in order to edit the saved games.

My question is: if anyone has the unpatched copy of cricket.exe for ICC08, can they possibly email me with the file so I can do some editing? I have the online downloaded version and have already installed it on two pcs and I am unsure of how many times I can re-install. Also, I am not sure if the cricket.exe needs to be of my copy or it can be from another user's copy.

I would be greatly appreciated if someone could do this.

Not sure its possible what with you having the downloaded version to simply use someone elses as I think that the Boxed and Digital download versions are different, so I think you need someone who has an unpatched Digital download version.

I see. Thanks for the response. But I am thinking of uninstalling and starting again. If I have already done it on two pcs, would it work again?

The computer should remember the code, if you uninstall the game properly, (Control Panel>add/remove programmes>ICC2008) I see no problems arising, just don't delete the game folder, it's not supposed to be deleted for uninstallation purposes.. During some error testing for the game I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it (downloaded version), I didn't need to re-enter the authorisation code. If you re-format your HDD, you might not be able to do it.

Please don't ask for someone to send you their .exe file though, please.

And I think, not sure, that if you were to uninstall and it was to tell you that you need the authorisation code and its already been used up then if you were to ask they'd reset it for you.

Yes, contact Softwrap if it doesn't work, in relation to the authorisation code.

It has worked so now I can edit rather trickily but enough to help fix existing players (eg. David Warner is defensive in ICC 08 and after the other night, he's far from it!)

Users who are viewing this thread