Group A

Schedule

15th October: India v England
18th October: Australia v Qualifier
21st October: Australia v England
26th October: India v Qualifier
28th October: England v Qualifier
29th October: India v Australia

Let's hope random drug tests are not the normal procedure!

We showed signs of improvement in the last ODI though.

2 spinners again? I obviously think it would be harsh to drop Yardy, but then I am biassed.

India for this group, see Australia's current form.

I would go with Australia for this group. Although India's domestic record has been stellar of late, the disappointments abroad would definitely rile them.

I would say India and Aus will progress but knowing those dam English I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.

aussie1st said:
I would say India and Aus will progress but knowing those dam English I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.

Haha, you are kidding.

Australia will go through and it will be a battle between India and West Indies (presuming they will finish second in qualifying). The home advantage may be enough for India to overcome them. If Sri Lanka get into this group then Aussies and Sri Lanka will probably go through.

aussie1st said:

I'm also backing Aus and India to qualify but this English team had shown improvement against Pakistan. Also they somehow seem to provide the extra effort when playing against Australia and they may have the slight psychological adv. as they performed well against Aus in the Natwest Series and of course defeated Australia in the 04 CT semi-final.

irottev said:
Haha, you are kidding.

Australia will go through and it will be a battle between India and West Indies (presuming they will finish second in qualifying). The home advantage may be enough for India to overcome them. If Sri Lanka get into this group then Aussies and Sri Lanka will probably go through.

I know the English are a crap ODI unit but like you guys they always lift against us. ODI cricket is a on your day game and if England are on their game I wouldn't be surprised seeing them win.

What we are forgetting is the Qualifier who will come in.
If by chance, the Sri Lankans get in,then it will be really interesting.
Seeing the Windies current form,i just cannot say that the Windies won't top the Qualifiers.

Anyways,I think India and Australia are the favoruites here though.

Well I'm sure SL will top the qualifiers so they go to Group B, WI into our one. If they continue their current form they will also be a threat just don't know how they will go on the spinning wickets.

Well one thing is true that the Lankans would top.
However,the grounds and wickets must be fairly new too.

Ahmedabad- one of the old ones
Jaipur - The Sawai Mansingh Stadium has played host to Ind vs SL only
Mohali -at par with Ahmedabad
Mumbai - Cricket action returns to the Cricket club of India after a long time.So,i have no idea regd this wicket.

If SriLankans come to this group, then it sounds danger alarm for Aussies becos they will be little uncomfortable with the Lankan spinners on Indian conditions!!!

Also, Aussies dont have good record in Champion trophy and have nevr won the game aginst Indians so far in the matches they played in Champions Trophy...

Lets see how Aussies are going to manage this tournament....Only trophy that Aussies have not got so far is "Champions Trophy" :D

Indian pace bowlers esp Pathan might be having tough time on Indian conditions!!! This group sounds more challenging than the other group!!!

This is honest opinion, I have nothing against England. But against these caliber of teams in this competition, England have no chance at winning. Maybe with Flintoff they may of had a sniff, but without him they should be playing to qualify and are lucky they arn't. I watched every England ODI this summer and they have looked terrible 90% of the time. Sorry, they still have time before the World Cup, but they won't win this.

I would be more worried about the West Indies pinching a spot. They have the potentiol, they just need consistancy.

India do have the home adavntage. They perform a lot better at home than they do abroad. But the Australians have shown that they can win in the subcontinent, and besides, they are the number 1 side in the world and there is a valid reason. England is a team full of surprises but I don't expect a lot from them in this series.

Users who are viewing this thread