Im terrible at this game...

itfcdad

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sheesh,

I am terrible at this game. Playing India last night they were like 63 for 3 and I was like 5 for 5 on normal difficulty..... :D In 10 overs.

How the hell do you just slog the ball, I mean whack it. All I seem to be able to do it raise the bat and the ball drops at my feet. Very defensive. The 5 runs I got were all Leg byes.

Im not worried about being caught for now.:help

I just need to hit the damned ball. :mad

Any help, please please advise. Ive been playing for hours....

Cheers

63-3 is quite god for bwling, i only purchased the game yesterday, but found it difficult aswell. for batting dont go all out at the beggining, try and gain a bit of confidence and only try the shots that wont hit the wickes if you miss. obviously in 10 overs you have to gain confidence quickly.

jus take your time be patient and keep your eye on the metre in the top left,, remember if the game was rreaalyy easy there would be no point ;)

Yes patience indeed. Ive been trying to have the patience of a Jedi! Ive kinda got the bowling going, its the batting im not understanding.

Back foot or front foot? Hold the 6 button? Use button 3? Arrggh :mad

It doesnt seem to matter where I point the analogue controller, when I go to hit the ball. its almost always a defensive hit, except for when it hits my pad, and then I get a run. :D

My controller is supported correctly, its a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad Cordless.

I think I dont know enough about cricket. My soccer is fine and Rugby 2005 showed me the rules of rugger, and I learnt how to beat it, but Im just not getting this!

Cheers

well i myself am playing on the ps2 at the mo, and all i do is play quite defensive at the start, e.g sumtimes leaving the ball if its goin 2 miss the stumps, and defending the ball.... then going for fours when i know i have the chance.. thus building batting confidence.

remember to practice on the nets to give you an all round better feeling for batting and overall you will get a better sense of the timing, with the help of the bar underneath you

I find not starting on ODIs is the best thing. Just try test matches, you get much more space to hit and you learn to hit the ball correctly because your under less pressure to score runs.

Yes Scobie is correct, Tests are far far easier, build up your batsmans confidence gradually too.

Users who are viewing this thread