Improving Fielding

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm wondering if there is any way to improve the fielding in BLC i.e. fielders will dive more and make more stops especially the close in fielders. I'm looking into the cfg files to see if I can find anything..If anyone finds out pl. post.

thanks.

I wonder that too , cause it doesn't appear to make any difference whatsoever changing their fielding attributes.
Like their 'Hands' skill , they catch/drop the same amount whether it's poor or excellent. I think there must be a .cfg file that changes this somewhere...

I also want to see if batsmen can be made to edge more...Don't see too many slip catches in 1day matches.

There is something in the stroke config files with edge prob for each shot. also in village/county/test there is an edge prob. I think it should be able to be changed.

One part of good fielding is throwing. It can be easily improved by editing .cfg files (in fields directory).Just change the throwing speed values in the file to something big to have nice flat throws in from the deep.

I modified the edge**** parameters in internat.cfg and compbat.cfg. Now there are a lot more caugh behinds, edges flying through slips and batsmen playing on. I've increased the edgeprobabilty to around 70000. I had the new cfg files (they have increased seam movement)and after my tweaks, it's been tough going for the cpu. So bowling is fun again. (I had to restore the bowling circle settings)
However it's not working in test matches. Anyone knows why?

(Edited by Shailesh at 2:22 pm on April 11, 2001)

I've noticed with edges that it works out where it edges to by the field placement,I'll explain:
for example slip fielders are typeF 4 ..now if u move that fielder to say Deep Long-on and keep TypeF 4 when u edge it the ball goes to Long-on.
So what I'm basically saying is it works out the edge by where the fielder is.

Shailesh,
Have you also made the changes to tinternat.cfg and tcompbat.cfg files (these are for test matches)?
By the way, I've noticed that in the compbat and internat files there are the following-
Edge Difficulty
Edge Stroke
Edge Average
Edge Order
Edge Bias
Did you change the settings for all of these to increase the edges? Be grateful for your help.
Cheers

Sriram can you make editor for editing the shots, bowling control and bastmen/bowler's options contained in the cfg files as u already edited the fielding cfg files......

sukku

Mike,

my edge parameter values are -

EdgeDifficulty 13060
EdgeStroke 21048
EdgeAverage 78640 (-This certainly makes a diference)
EdgeOrder 0 (-not sure what this is)
EdgeBias 20748

HI
There is a way of improving fielding in one day matches.
Simply rename the files in test fields and replace it with one day files and arrange the field using the field editor.
I have tried this in the agressive field setting and I find that fielders dive often to stop the ball in the similar style as in test matches, if any one find sucess please reply me.

Hi
When using the field editor, changing the fielder type to "close in" instead of "normal" will make the fielders dive around (and make spectacular diving catches).
The only down side is that edges will unrealistically go to these fielders, but I think its worth it !!

Users who are viewing this thread