Increase your Internet speed!

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
This was published in a local daily. I tried it and it worked for me. So, I'd like to share it with you.

Follow the below steps:

1. Start > Run
  2. Type gpedit.msc in the box
  3. A window named Group Policy will open
  4. Click on Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler
  5. A list will open on the right side. Double click on Limit Reversable Bandwith
  6. Now, a box will open, tick on Enable option
  7. Set the Bandwith limit (%) as 0%.
  8. Click on Apply followed by Ok

Thats it! Check your internet speed now.

Note: gpedit.msc doesn't work on Window 7 Home edition

Attachments

• Increase Internet Speed.txt
    475 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For some reason gpedit.msc is not available in my computer, tried to search, can not find anywhere

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For windows 7, this only works with Pro or Ultimate edition

gpedit.msc doesn't work on Home edition

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
In what way will my speed be increased?You mean to say even if i have a 256 kbps modem,ill get a very high download speed?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
In what way will my speed be increased?You mean to say even if i have a 256 kbps modem,ill get a very high download speed?

No not that mate, clear some of the junk, so the internet speed will increase, closer to 256 kbps.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
does it really works i am getting download speed of 60 before will it increase to >60

It won't increase the speed from what your ISP provides.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Under normal circumstances you can use all your bandwidth. If a program makes a specific API call for QoS, it can receive priority over some of the bandwidth, which is by default 20%. However, that bandwidth is still free for use until it is used by the program.

Official clarification:

Programs can leverage QoS through the QoS application programming interfaces (APIs) in Windows. 100% of the bandwidth is available to be shared by all programs unless a program specifically requests priority bandwidth. This "reserved" bandwidth is still available to other programs unless the requesting program is sending data. By default, programs can reserve up to an aggregate bandwidth of 20 percent of the underlying link speed on each interface on an end computer. If the program that reserved the bandwidth is not sending enough data to utilise it completely, the unused portion of the reserved bandwidth is available for other data flows on the same host.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
So this thread popped up in the New Threads section. Just wanted to say that reducing the value to as low as 0% can cause your Windows 8 apps (Modern/Metro apps) to malfunction.
Windows 8 users shouldn't reduce the value below 50%.

shubham466

County Cricketer
Well, I've done it before. It helps somewhat but as far as I know, the default Bandwidth limit used by some Microsoft Troubleshooting & Maintenance applications.
By setting Bandwidth limit to 0 will disable such functions.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, I have a 100% working trick -

* Just pay more money to internet service providers to increase your browsoing and downloading speed :lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread