Story India: A New Era [ICC 3]

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Newstitle.jpg

1st March 2007

Mhambrey named as new coach; Surprising resignation from Chappell

mhambrey.jpg

Former Bengal coach and Indian player Paras Mhambrey who resigned from the illustrious domestic job of coaching Bengal has been named the coach of India at a press conference after the surprising exit of Greg Chappell from Indian cricket. News sources
are said to be saying that selection issues and internal conflicts between the Australian and the BCCI led to Chappell resigning. Chappell had a lot to gain even with a steamy relationship with the BCCI, but the former decided that quitting would be the best
solution for everyone. Chappell hasn’t spoken on this issue yet.

Paras Mhambrey has been successful on the domestic scene as a coach in recent times. Having led Bengal to two consecutive Ranji Trophy Finals, the fierce disciplinarian in former Indian paceman Mhambrey prompted BCCI to hire him ahead of other more potential and ideal candidates. The main reason was mainly because of the more domestic approach that Mhambrey would be able to offer the selectors. Mhambrey was quoted as saying,“It’s an honour to be offered one of the top jobs in international cricket, and it was just to hard to refuse such an offer. Hopefully, I’ll be able to take India to further and better things, and the World Cup’s where I hope to start off with.” The bowling coach and fielding coach will both till be held by Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh for now a BCCI official told sources.

Mhambrey’s known for his fierce attitude and attacking tactics, and has unearthed such exceptional Bengal talent such as Manoj Tiwary, Ranadeb Bose and Abhishek Jhunjhunwala. He has already named a 30 man preliminary squad for the upcoming World Cup in the Carribean. Will India be able to adjust to a new coach in such little time? And, what forced the BCCI to hire Mhambrey over an internationally acclaimed coach? Well, for all we know this could be a start of a new era for India cricket. Or the downfall of a huge cricketing empire. Either way, a revolution is at hand…

India Preliminary 30 Man Squad for the World Cup

Virender Sehwag (Delhi), Sachin Tendulkar (Mumbai), Saurav Ganguly (Bengal), Rahul Dravid (Karnataka), Manoj Tiwary (Bengal), Gautam Gambhir (Delhi), Yuvraj Singh (Punjab), Mithun Manhas (Delhi), Rohit Sharma (Mumbai), Shikhar Dhawan (Delhi), Amol Muzumdar (Mumbai), Dinesh Karthik (Tamil Nadu), Mohammed Kaif (Uttar Pradesh), Suresh Raina (Uttar Pradesh), Robin Uthappa (Karnataka), Abhishek Jhunjhunwala (Bengal), Wasim Jaffer (Mumbai), Cheteshwar Pujara (Saurashtra), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Jharkand), Ajit Agarkar (Mumbai), Munaf Patel (Gujarat), Anil Kumble (Karnataka), Piyush Chawla (Uttar Pradesh), Pragyan Ojha (Hyderabad), Harbhajan Singh (Punjab), Irfan Pathan (Baroda), Zaheer Khan (Mumbai), Ranadeb Bose (Bengal), Vijaykumar Yo Mahesh (Tamil Nadu), Ramesh Powar (Mumbai).

-------------------------------​

Well, I've already finished one year of this game on ICC. I prefer to continue where I've stopped, so there'll be a recap of the whole first year in one long post most likely as I remember all the squads I chose for the various tour, plus the significant scores etc.. A few screenshots only though unfortunately, as I only thought of making a story when I reached the 2nd year in game, so I haven't got any scorecards etc. on there. But, I'll do two warm-up matches for the World Cup just to show y'all I actually can write and whatnot. I'll try to make mine slightly different by having a more in depth look at the offscreen lives of the board and the cricketers, as I'm trying to do something a bit different. Plus, I won't use many graphics for now I guess, though, I'll try my best to get pics wherever neccessary. Hope you guys enjoy this story. :)

Last edited:

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Newstitle.jpg

1st March 2007

India Name ?Surprising? Squad for World Cup

New Indian coach Paras Mhambrey has named a rather interesting 15 man squad for the World Cup as 3 uncapped players were named in the squad. Bengal medium pacer Ranadeb Bose was selected although his domestic success has primarily been on the Test scene. Mhambrey?s influence has reportedly got Bose a place in the squad, and in turn made exciting fast bowler Shantakumaran Sreesanth miss out unfortunately. Mithun Manhas, Delhi captain and a versatile batsman in terms of batting position also made the squad, but his selection has been justified as the veteran batsman has been one of the best performer in ODI matches domestically, and the most consistent player in the probables probably. Manhas is also known to bowl off spin as a part timer, which could prove useful to Team India in the Carribean.

RohitSharma.jpg

Rohit Sharma: selection justified?

The most surprising selection though was of 20 year old Rohit Sharma. The youngster had done brilliantly in List A games, but critics have said that lack of experience could really hamper Sharma?s potential rise to international cricket. Mhambrey though defended his selection saying,?My squad is based on performance and not name value. So, it doesn?t matter if you?re Sachin Tendulkar or Brian Lara, because I don?t take that sort of crap. Sharma was chosen on current form among other things. Kaif and Raina haven?t weaved any sort of magic on me recently, so why should I put them in a team for the biggest competition in world cricket?? Mhambrey?s arrogance was evident in these words and he definitely had big expectations from his debut project with Team India. In other selctions, explosive opener Robin Uthappa was named ahead of Gautam Gambhir and Wasim Jaffer, while only one spinner in the 37 year old Anil Kumble was named, which was criticized as shocking news by fans and critics alike.

India Squad for the World Cup

Rahul Dravid (captain), Yuvraj Singh (vice-captain), Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Saurav Ganguly, Mithun Manhas, Rohit Sharma, Robin Uthappa, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wicket keeper), Ajit Agarkar, Munaf Patel, Anil Kumble, Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Ranadeb Bose.​

Replacement List

Gautam Gambhir, Manoj Tiwary, Harbhajan Singh, Irfan Pathan, Shantakumaran Sreesanth.​

India will play two warm-up games in the Carribean before the World Cup begins, a BCCI official said yesterday. There will be no television coverage of the matches unfortunately. The fixtures are listed below:

9th March
Kingston, Jamaica
India vs Zimbabwe

11th March
Bridgetown, Barbados
India vs West Indies

-------------------------------​

Thanks for all the support guys. It's really a pleasure getting your encouragement. :) Hopefully, I'll be able to make this story as enjoyable as possible.

I'll be writing both the warm-up matches before the recap, because there weren't warm-up matches on career mode on ICC 3.

Users who are viewing this thread