Who will be the Man of the Series for the C&W ODI series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bala

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
ICC unveils six-year international schedule

May 9, 2006

The ICC has announced the Future Tours Program (FTP) for the next six years.

The FTP, which was unanimously approved by the ICC's executive board at its March meeting in Dubai, provides "the foundation for a balanced schedule of international cricket for ICC Full Members," a statement said.

"The drafting of the new FTP was an incredibly complex process involving two years of analysis and 10 drafts," explained Malcolm Speed, the ICC's chief executive. "But now that process has been completed and approved by our Members it provides them with certainty of scheduling right through until 2012. And by publishing that schedule on our website it means everyone can quickly discover their team's future commitments and be able to plan accordingly."

The new FTP is the first to cover six years instead of five. "Spreading the calendar over six years means each side can fulfill its mandatory minimum requirements of two Tests and three ODIs, home and away, against every other Full Member over that period while still scheduling rest periods for their players," the statement continued. "At the same time it allows Members to tailor the schedule to suit their own, specific, needs while preserving time in the calendar to accommodate icon series such as The Ashes and India - Pakistan on a four-year cycle."
This story will feature India's tours as a part of the FTP. This will be played on Brian Lara Cricket 99, which IMO has the best AI of all the games known to me. Though graphics wise it is floors below the latest offerings in the cricket games, I am sure that this will be an interesting read.

So, first stop - The Carribean.

FTP Schedule - May 2006

Tests
1. England Vs Sri Lanka (Lords) - Match Drawn
England Vs Sri Lanka (Birmingham)

ODIs
1. West Indies Vs India (Jamaica) - In progress
West Indies Vs India (Jamaica)
West Indies Vs India (St. Kitts)
West Indies Vs India (Trinidad)
West Indies Vs India (Trinidad)
6. Canada Vs Zimbabwe (Trinidad)
7. Bermuda Vs Canada (Trinidad)
8. Zimbabwe Vs Bermuda (Trinidad)
9. Finals of ICC Tri series (Trinidad)

Last edited:
Good to see you starting another story Bala,wishing you all the best and Im sure you would do a wonderful job.India should win this series btw.

good job Bala .Bestof luck :cheers but get lots of patches for the game as BLC99's graphics are not good

I would appreciate if any one could point me to some tutorials which would point me to import a .bmp image into .tim one. Because, I have been using the TimEd which shows a message "division be zero" when I try to do that.

Sid_19840 said:
Good to see you starting another story Bala,wishing you all the best and Im sure you would do a wonderful job.India should win this series btw.
Thanks Sid. I hope to do well with this one.

gamerkid22 said:
good job Bala .Bestof luck
40BEER1.gif
but get lots of patches for the game as BLC99's graphics are not good
Thanks mate! Much appreciated. :cheers

good luck with the retro game mate. all the best

Great thread - really looking forward to it

Remember I have done loads of AI patches for BLC (still my fav cricket game)

be sure to check them out !

zimrahil said:
Great thread - really looking forward to it

Remember I have done loads of AI patches for BLC (still my fav cricket game)

be sure to check them out !
Thanks Zimmo! Can I have a link to them and also could you recommend some good ones for me! :cheers

What does FTP stand for?

Should be a great story

Left_Hander

Thanks for the encouragement boys. I had a good match yesterday in BLC after a long time and if I say, I enjoyed it would be a understatement. The game rocks with its play and AI.

More updates to follow.

Zak confident of return.

zak8ol.jpg

Is he still wanted?

Indian left arm seamer, Zaheer Khan has expressed his confidence on making the team for the tour of the West Indies. Speaking from Worcester, where he has signed to play in the county scene, Zaheer said,

I am quite confident of being selected for the team to tour West Indies. I have slimmed down a bit and my ankle has healed quite well. I can confidantly say that I am at my 100% now.
On his experience in the Carribean,

I led the Indian bowling attack last time we toured there and I am quite aware of the pitches and conditions there. The pitches are quite similar to the ones we have here, but a bit more bouncy.
Zaheer now faces tough competion from the emergence of pacers like Irfan Pathan, Sreesanth, Munaf Patel and RP singh.

Yes, the Indian pace bowling is at its strongest now. Though I would add some experience to that attack.
Zaheer has hit for early leading the Worcestershire attack by grabbing 10 wickets in a lost cause against Someset.

Yes, it was a nice feeling! Though we lost the match, we are quite confident and personally it was good for me to get wickets regularly.
Whether the BCCI selection panel will look towards this gentle giant from Baroda to add some experience and flair to the promise of the budding attack, remains to be seen. Zaheer can only let his bowling talk and wait.

Users who are viewing this thread