India in England Jun-Sept 2014

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Too short, too many times... The success they saw at Lord's doesn't mean they will see success every time with the short ball. The new ball just seems to accelerate the scoring here. England should be looking at 550-600

grkrama

National Board President
balance should never have got the hundred with his technique, we should have bought more balls into him clipping leg and he would have got out, instead kept bowling across to him.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmm although i'm fine with Jordan playing, not totally convinced about Plunkett & Stokes being dropped. Plunkett hasn't been perfect, but at times i reckon Cook and the ENG coaches have asked Plunks to be this short-ball enforcer. Reckon he is better bowler if pitching up ball more.

Stokes batting is a mess currently of course, but his bowling has been very solid - would have backed him to come good. It doesn't help also, that he is batting @ # 8.

Said it before, i don't believe Woakes is test standard. For England's sake, i hope i'm not proven right.

D

Deleted member 9102

As an Englishman, I shouldn't be wishing ill fortune on the national side, but the last thing I wanted today was for Cook to get a big score and England to be in the driving seat...

I don't believe Cook has what it takes to be the captain, mentally or tactically - a win in this match against an ordinary India side and avoiding a series defeat will likely paper over the cracks and see the current system continue going forward, when I think wholesale changes are needed in the management and leadership of the side for England get back to their best, ones which only have a chance of coming as a result of short term failure.

Our most talented and destructive batsman (KP) not being in the side is an absolute joke - it's all but guaranteed that he's not coming back under any circumstances and that sort of situation makes me think twice about whether I even want to support the side anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrimper

Club Cricketer
Pleased to see Cook get a big score, shame he couldn't get a century but I will still reserve judgement on his form until he puts in a good second innings. I will also wait for his captaincy until he makes the right decision when fielding. England should be looking to get at least 400 on the board. Anything less from this standing would be a poor total based on the circumstances.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well this match is going to be another one of those draws., If Cook can bat just imagine what havoc will Kumar bring when he goes out to bat.:D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Wonder how Ishant managed to get injured just before the game? Till yesterday, articles said that he was bowling full on in the nets, and he even threw Ajinkya Rahane off his foot with his bouncers. Just when the guy was starting to do well, he gets out of it.:facepalm:(

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
From what Dhoni said, I don't think Ishant is that injured, just not fit enough for a full Test match. Dhoni even said that he would have played had it been a ODI, so I doubt it's a big issue. Plus with 5 Tests, missing one to make sure he's ok for the last 2 is probably a good decision.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
sachin isn't playing

idiots

Wait...what?

Well this match is going to be another one of those draws., If Cook can bat just imagine what havoc will Kumar bring when he goes out to bat.:D

Slowly but surely my negativism is creeping in and the way the Indian bowlers wasted the new ball makes me wonder if at all England can be bowled out under 350-380. I also have a feeling that the English bowlers will do quite well on late 2nd / 3rd day.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
India won't be at any cost happy with what happened yesterday.Actually they do had chances for wickets but didn't just hanged on to it.As said by commentators a number of times,Jadeja was bowling in a much defensive line and he should have attacked the batsmen especially at a situation like that.Shami was good but was probably unlucky in not getting more than one,Pankaj was good but if it weren't for some bad fielding and Umpiring he would have gone back happy.Overall disappointing and hopes India could turn around their fortunes today,

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I find KP not being in the team a lot easier to take considering he's done nothing in domestic cricket since being sacked to show why he should be in there.

The young players who have come into the side too (Ballance, Root, Jordan, Stokes) have also shown themselves to be very promising.

Users who are viewing this thread