India in Sri Lanka 2009 (5 ODIs)

Murili should get the record and then retire really.

Man India hammered SL. Great to see :)

The things people say these days...:rolleyes:

Seriously, Just because Murali is being whacked by UV and Viru, Doesn't mean he is past his peak. He is still a huge winning factor for Sri Lanka and shoudn't just be disposed off in such a manner.

Next match Sachin will walk as soon as ball hits his pads.

He shouldn't allow the ball anywhere near them.

Its suspicious to me how they are so consistent in giving him wrong decisions

It's for the record. This one the umpire's are giving to Sachin without him ever wanting it!;)

Hey I just noticed that Sehwag now has a strike rate of 100 in ODI's. Thats pretty neat.

Time to get fun and experimental. :)

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Yuvraj Singh
Suresh Raina
Mahinder Singh Dhoni
Rohit Sharma
Ravinder Jadeja
Irfan Pathan
Praveen Kumar
Lakshmipathy Balaji
Praghyan Ojha

Tendulkar will be rested, but will be back for either GG or Sehwag for the 5th ODI. He needs to get some match form before the Kiwi series, he's been unlucky so far.

Yuvraj moves up to 3, he played Mendis better and moving him up the order will be a wise move, especially after what he did in the powerplays in the 3rd ODI.

Sharma comes in for Tendulkar, and as much as I dislike him he might as well get a game.
Ravi Jadeja in for Yusuf Pathan - same style but I think Jadeja will pull it off better. He's had an absolutely STELLAR Ranji season with both bat and ball, and hopefully his form continues for India.

Both Zaheer and Ishant get a break, we need to keep these guys going for the bigger matches and they are the cricketers that are most prone to injury in our team. Replacements in Balaji and Irfan are a big gamble, but it really doesn't matter and we should give them some experience. I'm quite confident in Balaji coming good, just not so sure about Irfan. We have spin options in Raina, Sehwag, Yuvraj, etc in case one of them go bad - the spinners have at least done a good job of constraining the batsman.

Ojha keeps his spot after the 4fer, I still don't rate him but might as well give the young lad some experience.

Yup, I'm getting bored of these subcontinent games now aswell, the cringeworthy commentary isn't helping either. Bring on the NZ series.

That said, I hope these two go onto make a 100, Ghambir needs to bring his ODI average above 40

Dhoni gone.
Nice platform for Yuvraj to go haywire

Yuvraj gone, haha, wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:
Guess we could afford it with the kinda start we got, should still get 300 here without having to play unorthodox.

Raina and Gauti are playing well. They should get the score above 340

Users who are viewing this thread