India in Sri Lanka 2009 (5 ODIs)

A challenge for India today - win after losing the toss... Happy to see Balaji and Jadeja in the team. Hope both grab their chances.

Bye bye Jayasuriya was looking dangerous today!

Balaji we want a comeback from you :happy

Despite goinng for 8-10 runs in his first over,Balaji had control on the ball.The very first delivery was a mystery to both Jayasurya and dhoni aswell.Hope he gets some crucial wickets with a good economy rate as well.Good luck Balaji.

I seriously wonder why there is such a hype on Balaji... He looks less than average bowler after seeing his 3 overs. He wasn't impressive at all :noway Another Venkatesh Prasad is what I would say!

And I am disappointed with Pathan too.. Not only Pathan, today there has been loads of rubbish delivered by our dear bowlers. Ishant has been delivering the same ball for Sanath to be smashed.Just loads of rubbish bowling till now from Indian bowlers. I am happy to watch Aus Vs NZ match instead of this. :rolleyes:

Look at the performance of Balaji and enjoy. :p
Its good he made comeback but seriously even Nehra is better than him.

I seriously wonder why there is such a hype on Balaji... He looks less than average bowler after seeing his 3 overs. He wasn't impressive at all :noway Another Venkatesh Prasad is what I would say!

And I am disappointed with Pathan too.. Not only Pathan, today there has been loads of rubbish delivered by our dear bowlers. Ishant has been delivering the same ball for Sanath to be smashed.Just loads of rubbish bowling till now from Indian bowlers. I am happy to watch Aus Vs NZ match instead of this. :rolleyes:

You always talk like this about Indian fast bowlers. Wonder if you would have talked like this even if this was the Kapil Dev era? The hype on balaji is because he has promised a lot when he was at his peak, and we want him to make a good comeback and win back his place with good bowling.

You always talk like this about Indian fast bowlers. Wonder if you would have talked like this even if this was the Kapil Dev era? The hype on balaji is because he has promised a lot when he was at his peak, and we want him to make a good comeback and win back his place with good bowling.

Thats step backward. The time for Sangwans is coming.

Then you want me to say that our bowlers were soooo good today? Or I was watching some separate cricket channel :rolleyes:

If its rubbish, it is rubbish.. If its magnificent.. its is magnificent! Especially after watching the highlights of Taylor's spell yesterday when I watched the LIVE match of ours, it looks like some school cricket team bowling to big boys :D

And I can't talk of Kapil's era because I hardly watched them. From 1996, Indian bowlers that impressed me were,

1) J.Srinath
2) A.Kumble
3) Harbhajan
4) Zaheer ( During Steve Waugh's period. Zaheer's yorkers were awesome but no more ALIVE now)
5) Pathan (for a very short period when he was swinging but now rusted and no more lively bowler now)
6) Ishant Sharma

If a bowler is coming towards a batsmen charging, it should look aggressive and dominative. I still remember how Sachin Tendulkar was getting nervous in Champions Trophy against McGrath and struggled. There you call it as McGrath's dominance over the batsman.

But when our dear bowlers are charging, people like Sanath Jayasuriya dare to change from helmets to caps too(he did it often against Prasad). This talks about our fast bowling dominance! :rolleyes:

Lankans will score 359 today.

i was watching the game for 2 min then i changed my channel and start to watch something else. came back to it, it was viewing the bowling card, i sow "Jadeja" ..lol i almost thought it was the other banned one :D

Indians look like punctured tiretube.

And the Lankans look like big inflated ones!:D

mukund_nadkarni added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Seriously, reading the English newspapers is more fun today!:p

Since it's a day match, chasing a big score is possible.. Lets see how we go through the final overs. i would suggest Balaji to be off the attack.. Enough of his comeback. Raina is bowling better. :rolleyes:

9 bowlers being used tell us the exact strength of our bowling department in today's game. Com'on Ishant.. We can expect wickets from this (L)only strike bowler. :onpc

2 wickets in 2 balls. Now target will be 320.

Users who are viewing this thread