India support ICC to make its own decision on Hair

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
THE international career of Australian umpire Darrell Hair may be spared by the unlikeliest of sources - India. The Board of Control for Cricket in India was expected to side with Pakistan and refuse to play in matches in which Hair is officiating.

But in a surprise move, BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah told the Herald last night that his board did not "necessarily agree" with Pakistan's sentiments and would abide by the International Cricket Council decision on Hair.

"We would never say no to any umpire that the ICC supported," Shah said. "If the ICC is happy with [Hair], then we are happy. Let us see a report first, and if Mr Hair has made a mistake, then we will see what happens. But it is up to the ICC to take action."

Full article here

Good sign for cricket in that whatever the ICC decide will most likely stand and not force the ICC to change their mind due to protest by the BCCI.

but bcci aint that important,
the matter is between pcb and icc so it doesnt matter who india support,
i hope ecb get involved though,

i was starting to miss the old days full of controversary

gambino said:

BCCI ain't that important? You're not looking at the context, are you? Not only is the BCCI the richest cricket board (and one of the richest sporting boards, globally) it also has enough power to turn this situation into an ugly one. Thankfully they've kept cricket in mind, although they have reacted somewhat hypocritically, given the Steve Bucknor situation a few years back.

gambino said:

BCCI is not important to ICC that's a good joke.If BCCI gives support to PCB then Darrell Hair could be in trouble.But if Hair is right(which i don't think so bcoz he has not got any proves) then BCCI should support ICC.

Users who are viewing this thread