[Indian Cricket Career] News Updates and Announcements

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Worthy updates and announcements to the game will be posted here.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Made some minor mach engine updates today that tried to make ODI games more competitive and less high-scoring. Also did some testing of the Test match engine with England vs. Australia with satisfactory results.

Also completed the bulk of the planning for the domestic season, structure and fixtures list.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
evertonfan said:
Nice work Misra; good to se some early progress with the game.
It worrys me that you refer to him by his surname! You will be calling him Sir next! :D

Good work with this. You will have to be careful shortening the name though- it's ICC as in International Cricket Captain and International Cricket Council!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Skateboarder said:
It worrys me that you refer to him by his surname! You will be calling him Sir next! :D

Sorry, it's just that that is what other people on PC refer to him as; If you have a problem with this Sohummisra then just tell me.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Skateboarder said:
Good work with this. You will have to be careful shortening the name though- it's ICC as in International Cricket Captain and International Cricket Council!
Hmm... coincidence? :p

evertonfan said:
Sorry, it's just that that is what other people on PC refer to him as; If you have a problem with this Sohummisra then just tell me.
No, you can call me Sir if you so wish. ;)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I did some of the basic structural work on the team selection algorithm. This algorithm selects a team XI from a squadlist of 20 players. Currently it is basic as it will just add up ratings and select the best bowlers/batsmen depending on your inputs. Hopefully I'll expand this to make a more meaningful calculation of team XI.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Thanks, I tweaked the match selection a bit to make sure it picked a wicketkeeper and didn't pick an all-rounder twice. :) It also takes form into account slightly more.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I will be maintaining a blog of the game development process on my cricket website, couch potato, for anyone who is interested in any particular updates, save for the general ones given here from time to time.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I've done a lot of development on the player interface over the last few days. As I speak, you can buy bats from a bat shop (quite a succint choice of bats available :)), view your stats and details of every bat you buy. I am currently about 75% done with having the players input affect their performance.

This means that you can set your mentality while batting and bowling (aggression, five levels of choice) and depending on that, you will have a higher chance of getting out, etc. Also, your fitness affects your ability to play long innings, as does the comfort of your bat. A more powerful bat will help you hit more boundaries.

The last few things that need to be implemented in that regard are bats losing durability/power/feel as they get used (related to the amount of balls they are used and the amount of runs that are scored). I've also set it so that human players have a better chance of selection to their Team's XI, so that actual players can play the game instead of the computer! :p

Also, I'm currently playing as Virender Sehwag. :D

I thought I'd mention this as an add-on, but Sehwag's "Viru 309" bat is now in the game, and he will be using it. :)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
I've done a lot of development on the player interface over the last few days. As I speak, you can buy bats from a bat shop (quite a succint choice of bats available :)), view your stats and details of every bat you buy. I am currently about 75% done with having the players input affect their performance.

This means that you can set your mentality while batting and bowling (aggression, five levels of choice) and depending on that, you will have a higher chance of getting out, etc. Also, your fitness affects your ability to play long innings, as does the comfort of your bat. A more powerful bat will help you hit more boundaries.

The last few things that need to be implemented in that regard are bats losing durability/power/feel as they get used (related to the amount of balls they are used and the amount of runs that are scored). I've also set it so that human players have a better chance of selection to their Team's XI, so that actual players can play the game instead of the computer! :p

Also, I'm currently playing as Virender Sehwag. :D

I thought I'd mention this as an add-on, but Sehwag's "Viru 309" bat is now in the game, and he will be using it. :)

Nice work, could you try it with an English player please? I just want to see how my boys do.

It's great to see this game blossoming.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
There's one more piece in the puzzle left that would take us to about 3/4 of completion. This piece is the scenarios and I'm still trying to figure out a nice and flexible structure. :P After that would be the implementation of the training and payment algorithms. And then it'll be testing time.

Actually, there's probably a lot left in between, but I just want to sound optimistic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread