Indian Domestic Cricket

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
As far as I'm aware Indian domestic cricket has never been followed on PC. This is quite unfortunate. Though we may not have the most competitive league or sane league organization, I think it's still worth following domestic cricketers so that our opinions about the same cricketers when they come into the national team is not just about bashing them for their inability to convert.

Click here for the fixtures list

The first tournament begins this Sunday--It's the Moin-ud-Dowlah Gold Cup which is something I had never heard of before in my life. This tournament features quite a wide range of teams:

Goa, Hyderabad Districts XI, Tripura, Cricket Association of Bengal XI, Hyderabad, Assam, Maharashtra, Andhra, Jharkhand, BSNL, United States of America (!), Vidarbha, Hyderabad Cricket Association President's XI, Mumbai, Kerala, Railways, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.

I'm particularly interested in seeing how Hyderabad can turn out not one but three teams especially given that they lost about 60% of their team to the ICL.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Will there be a seperate thread for the ICL? And in this domestic tournament there are quite some good players playing in. Jaffer and Karthik played a lot of matches previous year.

.Mob

International Coach
Go Kerala, I guess.

Mumbai first. =(

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Mumbai is historically one of the stronger teams and it looks like it will remain like that for a while still. In fact, Mumbai have won 4 of the last 10 Ranji Trophy tournaments. Kerala is actually in the plate league of the Ranji trophy. Orissa have recently been promoted back into the Super League along with Himachal Pradesh (not sure if they were there earlier).

These are essentially the future of Indian international cricket playing here, except if ICL gains official status. Probably the main tournament to watch out for will be the NPK Salve Challenger Trophy as it will feature Indian internationals (or should, unless international commitments get in the way).

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
No clue. Seems like it was an invitational tournament. Will be interesting if they end up just making up the numbers, though.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Any big/future names playing in this Moin-ud-Dowlah Gold Cup?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
what! :eek no gujarat?!
This seems like an invitational tournament with just a few random teams. You'll notice Hyderabad have 3 teams, so I don't think it's any more than just some sort of warm-up tournament for the season.

Any big/future names playing in this Moin-ud-Dowlah Gold Cup?
Don't know, TBH. Mumbai must definitely have some stars, though! Scorecards aren't available anywhere as of yet. CricketArchive notes every game of the series to be on September 2nd between the same two teams!

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India

Users who are viewing this thread