Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There its done!!! Should've finished it atleast 25 runs earlier, but CSK will take that after the kind of games they've played!

Pack up Mukesh Chaudhary outta the XI! I was surprised when he was given another game today. He has been below average in all games he's played and today, he was astonishingly horrible in a game where CSK were actually in the drivers seat. Might as well play the likes of Rajvardhan or Simarjeet or even KM Asif. I think KM Asif deserves another chance, for all the time he's been with CSK!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Positives for RCB this season:
  • We are not too dependent on Maxi, Kohli or Faf. Youngsters are doing great.
  • Bowlers are doing a decent job except for today's match where Patel was missed.
  • We have an inform finisher - DK
  • Shahbaz is doing very good in middle order.
  • New captain with different approach and Kohli being blamed less for his horrible captaincy.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Positives for RCB this season:
  • We are not too dependent on Maxi, Kohli or Faf. Youngsters are doing great.
  • Bowlers are doing a decent job except for today's match where Patel was missed.
  • We have an inform finisher - DK
  • Shahbaz is doing very good in middle order.
  • New captain with different approach and Kohli being blamed less for his horrible captaincy.
Harr CB :lol :lol :lol

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Somehow I don't see CSK losing 5 in a row.
cc: MI

Coming to yesterday's match, can we acknowledge that Siraj isn't a death bowler? Seen numerous instances of him leaking runs in fag end of an innings but RCB keep persisting with him. He is, at best, effective in the early stages of a match. I don't even think he is suited for T20s.

Other bowlers that I can't believe keep getting picked in T20s:
  • Chris Jordon
  • Tymal Mills
  • Tom Curran (barring injury, I think he might played this edition as well)
I've never seen them not be economical at all. It's either like I'm their bad omen or they play well only when I'm not following their matches.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
cc: MI

Coming to yesterday's match, can we acknowledge that Siraj isn't a death bowler? Seen numerous instances of him leaking runs in fag end of an innings but RCB keep persisting with him. He is, at best, effective in the early stages of a match. I don't even think he is suited for T20s.

Other bowlers that I can't believe keep getting picked in T20s:
  • Chris Jordon
  • Tymal Mills
  • Tom Curran (barring injury, I think he might played this edition as well)
I've never seen them not be economical at all. It's either like I'm their bad omen or they play well only when I'm not following their matches.
Tymal Mills has the best economy rate in T20s in the last 2 1/2 years for pace bowlers from overs 16.
Tom Curran is rubbish.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Tymal Mills has the best economy rate in T20s in the last 2 1/2 years for pace bowlers from overs 16.
Fair enough. So it must just be me. But his IPL career (though relatively short so far - 8 matches, 9.05 economy) paints him as a liability

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Fair enough. So it must just be me. But his IPL career (though relatively short so far - 8 matches, 9.05 economy) paints him as a liability
It is a IPL short career and split by five years because of injury or not getting picked.

Overall compared with players who have bowled the same number as balls (167):

His economy rate is higher than average, but only six (Holder, Ngidi, Harshal, Pawan Negi, Woakes, Rabada) have a better strike rate.

Overs 17-20 his economy rate is better than Harshal Patel, Mustafiz, Rabada, Bhuvi, Malinga, Ferguson, Ngidi, Dwayne Bravo, Natarajan, Shami, Boult and a load of others. He rates in the top third (24th/75) bowlers (42 balls or more). Likewise his strike rate is 25/75 players.

He also has the best strike in the powerplay of any bowler and below average economy rate.

The worst thing he's probably done this season was get Andre Russell's wicket, because Pat Cummins then made Dindafied all the bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread