Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GloryX

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thu Dec 16 - Mon Dec 20
08:30 GMT | 10:30 local
14:00 IST 1st Test - South Africa v India
SuperSport Park, Centurion
N/A

Sun Dec 26 - Thu Dec 30
14:00 IST 2nd Test - South Africa v India
Kingsmead, Durban
N/A

Sun Jan 2 - Thu Jan 6
14:00 IST 3rd Test - South Africa v India
Newlands, Cape Town
N/A

Sun Jan 9 Only T20I - South Africa v India
Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban
N/A

Wed Jan 12 1st ODI - South Africa v India
Kingsmead, Durban
N/A

Sat Jan 15 2nd ODI - South Africa v India
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
N/A

Tue Jan 18 3rd ODI - South Africa v India
Newlands, Cape Town
N/A

Fri Jan 21 4th ODI - South Africa v India
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
N/A

Sun Jan 23 5th ODI - South Africa v India
SuperSport Park, Centurion

This looks likes a huge tour for India as this tour includes three tests, 1 t20 and 5 Odi's

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hope Zaheer is fit for this one. Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth and Mithun should be a good quartret. Our bowlers enjoy overseas wickets more these days due to the help that they get (its going on the reverse where we enjoy livelier wickets more).

SA should be easily favoritet, but its India.

GloryX

School Cricketer
zaheer will definetly be fit for this series as he's on rehab and will be fit very soon possibly he will be there in the champion league:)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am really excited for this series.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hmm... for some reason I thought this was 2 Tests--glad to see that it's at least 3. South Africa should be favorites. I see them taking the Tests 2-0 and the ODI's 3-2. But it should definitely make for a good contest if both sides are healthy!

P

pcfan123

Particularly looking forward to this one. Steyn and Morkel versus the aging Indian batting line up and the new Indian guy Mitthun getting to bowl on a track that will actually give him something to work with.

Im with Sohum though, I can't see India winning a Test match, but I think they will take the ODI series. SA usually get lackluster after they win the Test series (like in England last time around)

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
So glad that this series is a 3-Test one. Last time around in India, it was only a 2-Test series which ended 1-1. Would have loved to see a decider in that series. Amla went on a run scoring spree back then.

Going by how India are doing now, I expect South Africa to easily with the Test series. If India get Zaheer and Sreesanth back, that'll help their chances but I don't think it'll be enough to pip South Africa.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The Indian bowlers are going to be weirded out by bowling on a pitch that actually suits them and will probably spray it all over the place by trying to do too much.

The bowlers will perform a lot better than they have recently, though. It's our batting which is more likely to be an issue, especially if Gambhir is injured and Yuvi is still in the line-up (although, ideally, this is the best place for Yuvi to play).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Particularly looking forward to this one. Steyn and Morkel versus the aging Indian batting line up and the new Indian guy Mitthun getting to bowl on a track that will actually give him something to work with.

Im with Sohum though, I can't see India winning a Test match, but I think they will take the ODI series. SA usually get lackluster after they win the Test series (like in England last time around)

If Sreesanth and Zaheer are fit, then Mithun will miss out on the final XI of almost all test games. Ishant will be higher in the pecking order than Mithun. But most likely Mithun will be part of the 15-16 man squad that goes to the tour (since India always picks 4-5 fast bowlers for tours to countries like Australia, SA, England, etc).

Also, we dont play any warm-up games before the first test? If we dont, WE ARE DEAD (atleast for the first test)!

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Zak needs to be fit for this one. He will be more than handful on SA pitches. Sreesanth too could be handy.

But mainly what will decide the series is Ind Batsman vs SA bowlers.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
If India carries this pathetic pace attack to SA, they will have no chances of winning.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If India carries this pathetic pace attack to SA, they will have no chances of winning.

Most likely, we should have our best, or should say 'far better', test bowlers (Zaheer/Sreesanth) back. If Zaheer pulls out of this one too, he can very well retire.:mad:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Time to send some scouts to SAF to search fast bowlers and import them. Thats the only way we can get quality fast bowlers :p

Users who are viewing this thread