India's Tour Of Sri Lanka Jul-Aug 2012

AbhinavSuper

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dhawan deserves a place tbh. Rahane was in the spotlight mainly because of his 98 and 103, whereas Dhawan was consistent throughout the IPL.
Plus RR winning more matches than DC made Rahane look better than Dhawan, but I personally feel that Dhawan was far better than Rahane in the IPL.

+1. Shikhar Dhawan at this moment, seriously deserves his call. He has collected heaps of experience by playing in the domestic circuit for last 7 years. Time to put him up in the squads, give him some chances, so that he can be there as a long time asset. I remember, his duck on debut was criticized for a long time. Selectors have to give him chances...

Rahane too shouldn't be ignored, he's a pretty test like player (I think)...

Can't we go 3 months without playing SL. Geez.

Anyways, my XI would be something like this...

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Virat Kohli
4. Ajinkya Rahane(would like for him to open but, doubt Gauti will let him)
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Suresh Raina
7. Irfan Pathan(only decent Indian AR in existence)
8. Ravichandran Ashwin
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Umesh Yadav
11. Varun Aaron

If an extra spinner is needed i'd just pull Aaron out and put in Rahul Sharma or Pragyan Ojha.

Rahul Sharma over Jadeja? :o

Great to see ya bro :)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I'd want him to gain some form, play some Ranji cricket or something.

I want him to lose some weight.

In the article they are saying that he hit Ishant Sharma for 7 sixes. :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yuvraj should target a return to the Indian team in the end of 2012 when India play England for 2 T20I's and an ODI series. Yuvraj is not needed for the test squad since he has been a failure in test cricket and unlike Dhoni he doesn't have any captaincy responsibilities to stick to the test side. And a series against England in home conditions is the best way for Yuvraj to ease back into our limited overs side. He has bashed England before at home in an ODI series for consecutive hundreds.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This tour will open the eyes of cricket and the ICC players like I.Sharma and others should be in ST should be kicked out ROLF...This tour will be rather entertainment.:lol

What????? Cant understand what you're saying.

Ishant needs to be kicked out? What for? He is a good enough bowler. IMO, he is going to spearhead the Indian attack after Zaheer in test matches. Ishant, Yadav and Aaron are India's future in tests. Ishant has given intl cricket top priority by opting out of IPL and getting his surgery done. He will hopefully comeback with a bang. You have to keep faith in him because he was not bad in recent times, but he just didnt get the wickets. Maybe persistence with him will reap rewards.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This tour will open the eyes of cricket and the ICC players like I.Sharma and others should be in ST should be kicked out ROLF...This tour will be rather entertainment.:lol
are you alright ishant why he need to kicked out after all he is very young player who just starting his big career. and he is 2nd main fast strike bowler in test cricket behind zaheer and he can bowl at very great face 145+ he is very hand full for us in pitches like austrlia,england,south africa,west indies and new zealand :rolleyes

Epic

Panel of Selectors
What????? Cant understand what you're saying.

Ishant needs to be kicked out? What for? He is a good enough bowler. IMO, he is going to spearhead the Indian attack after Zaheer in test matches. Ishant, Yadav and Aaron are India's future in tests. Ishant has given intl cricket top priority by opting out of IPL and getting his surgery done. He will hopefully comeback with a bang. You have to keep faith in him because he was not bad in recent times, but he just didnt get the wickets. Maybe persistence with him will reap rewards.

What for? Have you seen some of his recent performances... The man averages 37 in Test cricket and that's just not good enough. I tell you what, he was good, once. Perth 2008, sure. Not anymore, he has joined that never ending list of promising Indian bowling talent who end up looking clueless with the ball in hand. He's just another RP Singh.

----------

are you alright ishant why he need to kicked out after all he is very young player who just starting his big career. and he is 2nd main fast strike bowler in test cricket behind zaheer and he can bowl at very great face 145+ he is very hand full for us in pitches like austrlia,england,south africa,west indies and new zealand :rolleyes

Pace isn't everything ya' know.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ishant is a lot better than his figures suggest him to be. Zaheer is still in the 30's as far as average is concerned, and he had an even higher average in his early years. But Zaheer showed promise and he was persisted with, and now we reap the fruits of it. Ishant needs to be persisted with. And in his last few series, he has been bowling really well with no luck. A lot of former cricketers have also talked about how Ishant seems to be bowling in that area but without getting wickets. Probably his injury was a stumbling block. Now that he has repaired himself, he should be given more chances. Zaheer will break down anytime and he is unreliable with fitness. If Zak is not available, you cant leave Indian fast bowling completely to rookies (Yadav is still a rookie).

Users who are viewing this thread