India's Tour of Sri Lanka

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Tour Match v tbc - Jul 18-20, 2008 Match scheduled to begin at 05:00 GMT

1st Test v Sri Lanka at Colombo (SSC) - Jul 23-27, 2008 (10:30 local, 05:00 GMT)

2nd Test v Sri Lanka at Galle - Jul 31-Aug 4, 2008 (10:30 local, 05:00 GMT)

3rd Test v Sri Lanka at Colombo (PSS) - Aug 8-12, 2008 (10:30 local, 05:00 GMT)

Tour Match v tbc at Nondescripts Cricket Club Ground, Colombo - Aug 15, 2008 (10:00 local, 04:30 GMT)

1st ODI - Sri Lanka v India at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium Aug 18, 2008 (10:00 local, 04:30 GMT)

2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v India at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium Aug 20, 2008 (10:00 local, 04:30 GMT)

3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v India at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Aug 24, 2008 (14:30 local, 09:00 GMT)

4th ODI - Sri Lanka v India at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Aug 26, 2008 (14:30 local, 09:00 GMT)

5th ODI - Sri Lanka v India at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Aug 29, 2008 (14:30 local, 09:00 GMT)

Series Home

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This one's going to be tight. But I rekcon India might just edge both Tests and ODI's.

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
india should win this :D

bt @ leggie, porbandar?? i thought it was korbandar?? the place where ghandhi was born.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka in the tests with India in the ODI's for me

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
This is what I think. India should and I expect them to win both ODI's and Tests, But you never know, Murali might just ruin it along with Sangkarra.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I think Indian ODI team has not yet reached to level of certainty at wining a ODI series yet. Something is missing (tendulkar??:D) , I'd say Sri Lankans are better at short form of the game.

Plus, No T20 game???

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
dude, Indian test team is really strong ATM, I must say.

India test and Sri Lanka ODI.

I think Sri Lanka are a much better test team than the Indians where as Indians are a much better ODI team than the Sri Lankans.

Like wise I would say this for England and New Zealand, England are a far better test team but as we saw in the ODI's New Zealand are a lot stronger in the shorter format!

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, But India tested Australia more than Sri Lanka did in the Tests a while back.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would say that India can win both forms though they could be run very tight in the ODI's (SL are playing at home in ODI's and they are super strong).

But I predict India to win the tests 1-0 or 2-0. ODI's could be 3-2 in India's favor (but SL have the stuff to make that result in their favor)

Jit

International Cricketer
well india can win the tests more easily than odi and i want seniors players in the team this is getting out of control we are not respecting our senior players at the end of the day performance matters not age and senior players have shown form but not picked in odi just cuz of age this is bull

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sri Lanka 3-1 in ODI's for sure. Mendis is just too good, and Team India is tired.

Would like to bring Karthik back in the ODI frame of things, and maybe even one of Dravid or Ganguly as well. Badrinath as well! :)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
India should be way to good for Sri Lanka in this one. India's have quality players allthrough there line-up where-as Sri Lankas is weak in some ares like Middle order batting and Opening bowling.

India 3-2 in the ODI's and 3-0 in the tests imo.

Users who are viewing this thread