India's tour of West Indies - July/August 2016

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dropping Brathwaite was a bad move. Batting first was their second bad decision.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
That's third of the day for Ishant. Ridiculous. Blackwood seems on target today!

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
Capture.PNG

How can an opener have such a low average?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
A bit off topic but you guys are missing out big time if you guys are not following Sehwag on Twitter.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Wow. Bishoo is lucky.

Ashwin you beauty!

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I wonder what Gabriel will do when dhawan stops him the next time lol.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This is just weird batting from Pujara. He does this too often nowdays where he just gets into his shell and defends every single ball. I don't know why he comes out with this mentality where he is defending even the bad balls. He then takes a look at the scoreboard and suddenly decides to attack out of nowhere and throws away his wicket. He doesn't need to attack every single ball but at lease rotate the strike which is essential especially if you are not getting boundaries and when outfield is slow. He has just scored his first runs this morning after an hour. I like him as a long format batsman but something is just not right with his batting at the moment.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India is having West Indies for breakfast, lunch and dinner here. Hope there is only one more test after this (in fact, I would give the trophy to India after this test and get this done with). It's painstakingly boring. I would rather bring in ODI's and T20's now where WI can atleast give a good competition.

I am however waiting to see how this new India test XI fares against better oppositions in overseas conditions. We definitely have the arsenal now. Our batting is filled now with good solid batsmen (except for 1-2 edgy guys like Dhawan and Rohit, but these two are needed for their flair and flashy styles to complement the rest) and aggressive bowlers. And backed by a leader who is more than willing to take risks and back aggressive ploys. Sure we might hit roadblocks, but I feel the surge of "just bring it on" as far as overseas tests against good oppositions go.

This is just weird batting from Pujara. He does this too often nowdays where he just gets into his shell and defends every single ball. I don't know why he comes out with this mentality where he is defending even the bad balls. He then takes a look at the scoreboard and suddenly decides to attack out of nowhere and throws away his wicket. He doesn't need to attack every single ball but at lease rotate the strike which is essential especially if you are not getting boundaries and when outfield is slow. He has just scored his first runs this morning after an hour. I like him as a long format batsman but something is just not right with his batting at the moment.

Pujara needs Dravid. Right. Now. He seems to have this stumbling block in my mind which he needs to overcome. And I believe it can probably be removed if he has a good talk with a very accomplished batsman of a similar mould who has played for India not long before. Dravid fits that profile perfectly.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Don't like this negative commentary on Pujara. He is still out there, and there is a lot of time left in this match. He's going through a phase in his career where he's getting bowled & LBW really often, so it's good that he's spending time out tin the middle.

That was a really poor dismissal just now, but I think he will grind out some runs in this series and set him up for a successful series vs New Zealand.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Feeling very sad for Pujara. All his hard work went into flush. He was solid today. Slow, but good. If he had scored some runs he would have gained more confidence. We need him in good form at #3 for the next tour. Hope he wont be dropped for next match.

Users who are viewing this thread