Information on Cricket 2005

EA cant create a whole new game, so they have to iplement some of the features from its previos games. If that means its a patched version, then evry EA game has a patched persion out every year. Plus Codies cant go out and say that they could'nt get the licences coz EA had allready purchased it. If the publisher doesn't want the game info to be released publically, then you cant go out release there information without their permission (Correct me if Im wrong here).

Yes the gameplay aspect is still a mystery. i don`t care that much about graphics than for gameplay

zimrahil said:
:eek: so you are happy to have crap gameplay whereby you can bowl the best team out for under 50 on any level, or whereby the cpu needs 20 off 10 overs with 5 wickets remaining but keeps on slogging regardless until it bowls itself out, as long as you have swing and manual appealing ? :eek:

er well yea...........I'll only play the game 'til i get board anyway...............that wont take long.

DeLonge182 said:
er well yea...........I'll only play the game 'til i get board anyway...............that wont take long.

It won't take long if your wish is granted :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DeLonge182 said:

Well if you're going to get bored quick, is there any point in you having the game?

zimrahil said:
It won't take long if your wish is granted :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I saw your 'reply' before it got rightfully deleted and obviously what I meant was if your wish of having swing and manual appealing instead of good play (see below) is implemented then yes it won't take long for you to get bored :rolleyes:

zimrahil said:
so you are happy to have crap gameplay whereby you can bowl the best team out for under 50 on any level, or whereby the cpu needs 20 off 10 overs with 5 wickets remaining but keeps on slogging regardless until it bowls itself out, as long as you have swing and manual appealing ?

stevie said:
Well if you're going to get bored quick, is there any point in you having the game?
Everyone here does not have to agree with your view of how the game should be. He CAN by the game regardless of what you think the game has or doesn't have. Sorry for being so point-blank but I just think that's a very rude post. If you meant it in a jocular vein, include a smiley. Like this! :D

sohummisra said:
Everyone here does not have to agree with your view of how the game should be. He CAN by the game regardless of what you think the game has or doesn't have. Sorry for being so point-blank but I just think that's a very rude post. If you meant it in a jocular vein, include a smiley. Like this! :D

Where did I say people have to agree with my opinion? Yes, ofcourse he can buy the game if he wants. But, is there seriously any point if he's going to be bored of it quick (as he said himself!)?

I might even buy it myself yet, BUT, it is EA Sports job to convince me to do so, which they aren't so far, whereas, Codemasters are convincing at the moment. For me, going by what's happened in the past, they are not really going to tell us much more between now and release. Now, if they do release a DEMO and more information about the game, instead of some crappy copy and pasted press release (i'm not saying the graphics are bad before anyone has a go) then I will consider what I do.

If they (HB & EA) can't be bothered to work at the game and advertise it, then why should people bother to buy it?

Last edited:
There were 60+ stadia in cricket 2004. Now they're saying over 35. What does that mean? Have they cut some to add other feautes ? I believe the game would still release on a single CD.

Hi hasan,

We have just recieved the final fact sheet for Cricket 2005. The game page has been updated.

http://www.eaplay.com/australia/games/pc/cricket/cricket2005/

We have a couple of early screenshots which aren't for display. Everything I've heard suggests that the graphics in Cricket 2005 will be a big step up from the last game.

Rest assured that as soon as new material is released, you will find it here on EAPlay.com

JB

Dear JB!

only graphics..??? graphics was not the only problem in Cricket 2004!!! what about the crappiest gameplay of cricket 2004??? lots of bugs.... lots of loop holes in gameplay!

Bad LBW decisions .. incorrect statements by commentators on bad timings.... incorrect Run Rates... CPU Run out Bug.... Rain Bug... Please .. do u have anything that can justify the creation of 2005. or 2005 is just an error free and bug free version of the cricket 2004...

because u know the features or Press Release is almost the same as Cricket 2004 Press Release

Hope to get reply from u soon!

Above is a quote from an admin at the Eaplay.com forums with the members reply. As you can see no mention of gameplay enhancements, just the usual concentration on graphics ?

Anil Dharani said:
There were 60+ stadia in cricket 2004. Now they're saying over 35. What does that mean? Have they cut some to add other feautes ? I believe the game would still release on a single CD.

well considering a DVD CD holds over 4 GB thats what youd expect

Users who are viewing this thread