Story Inter-Island Cup----Australia-New Zealand-West Indies Tri series[C 2005]

kuttakumar

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought of starting a story.Hopefully I can continue with this.The last time I tried to write one, my Hard Drive collapsed on the very next day.:(So here it goes.......

ICC announces Inter-Island Cup

ICC has announced that there will be a One Day Tri-series between the teams of Australia, New Zealand and West Indies, the three Island countries, every year entitled "Inter-Island Cup";).The first ever Inter-Island Cup will be held at Australia.​

Squads Announced:​

Aussiesquad.jpg

Kiwisquaf.jpg

Windiesdsquad.jpg

Results:​

resultdisplay.jpg

(This part will show the results of the matches)

cool n great start Kutta with nice presentation... Good luck for the story :)

Looks promising from this start Kutta. I hope this turns out to be a fruitful story for you.

kuttakumar said:
Updates coming tonight or tomorrow afternoon.:cheers

Take ur time kutta.... Looking forward for it!!! :happy

bw which team u are going to play as?

surendar said:
Take ur time kutta.... Looking forward for it!!! :happy

bw which team u are going to play as?

I am going to play as Australia.When its New Zealand vs West Indies, I will play as New Zealand.

Match 1:Australia vs West Indies at Perth:​

Pitch.png
(with Michael Holding)

This pitch looks like a run feast.It has nothing at all for the bowlers.And the bowlers will have a hard day in the office.If I was the captain I would choose to bat first on this pitch.

Weat.png
(With Ian Healy)

Mild temperature and blue sunny sky.Ideal conditions for playing cricket.There's a gentle breeze blowing across the ground which might favour the swing bowlers at the beginning of the match.

Match Conditions Summary

MatchConditions-1.jpg

(Toss coming up....)

TOSS.png

Lara to spin the coin, tails is the call from Ponting and........it's heads.Lara wins the toss for West Indies and the Windies has decided to bowl first.

The Playing Elevens

lineup.jpg

Cosgrove fails to make an impact

Cosgrove fails to utilise the chance given to him and is the dismissed in the first over of the innings by Bradshaw as Collins takes a wonderful diving catch in the deep.

Cosgrove.jpg

Windies bowling well

The Windies fast bowlers are bowling well and are troubling the Aussies with all sorts of awkward deliveries.They are keeping the run rate down as Ponting and Gilchrist are rotating strike.

Ponting dismissed

After making a decent partnership of 70 runs with Gilchrist the Aussie skipper loose his patience and hit the ball straight in the hands Bradshaw at square leg giving Collins his first and West Indies their second wicket.

A weird experiment

The entire stadium is shocked to see Brad Hogg coming down to bat at 4!!!!:D For whatever reason this weird experiment was tried, its outcome proved to be negative as expected.Hogg skies one and Dillon catches the ball at mid-on giving Collins his second wicket.​

Martyn is the next to go

Damien Martyn is the next batsman to be dismissed leg before on a beautiful delivery by Collymore as Australia looks in deep waters at 84/4.

Gilly reaches his half century:happy

When the Aussies are looking in peril,Gilly seems to be the only hope for the team.Gilly reaches his 50 in 64 balls with six fours and one six.

gilly.jpg

Gilly's Wagon wheel

Wheel.jpg

Overs 26.0

Gilchrist: 52*
Clarke: 9*

Cosgrove: 0
Ponting: 27
Hogg: 0
Martyn: 5

Dillon: 2.0-0-7-0
Collymore: 7.0-0-21-1

(More updates coming soon....)

Last edited:
Gilchrist is well set now!! :happy As long as Gilli is there no worries for Aussies!!! :)

Good presentation kk. I like the tape and tearing up images impression. Really good. It's nice to see that you're not just sticking with an orthodox Aussie side either. Good work.

Nice simple presentation Kutta.

Keep up the good work mate :)

Users who are viewing this thread