Interaction with Transmission

It's not really a question that has an answer. I have talked to Transmission about the issues and we were both on the same page with regard to what the problems are.

Thanks barmyarmy,

I think most people are worried because last time, with BLIC 07, Codies basically said 'here, have a patch so you can actually play online, but your not gettin anything else'

Thats why people are so suss. Great to know they are listening to our idea's.

That's reassuring.

After first playing the game I was very disapointed .... a point came that I even considered trading it in when DiRT2 comes out .... but after a bit of perseverence and looking for the good in the game, I'm really enjoying it now.

I've found that even though the online quitters are extremely annoying, whenever I get it a game with someone who won't quit no matter what, the multiplayer in the game is excellent.

If a patch can even resolve a few of these issues (I'd settle for the run out bug, a better handle on the confidence meter so you're not getting every ball whacked all over in a test match, and more lbw's and clean bowleds) the game will be magnificent ..... in my opinion at least.

Agreed, but I'd also add the bowling lengths to that list. The game encourages bowling that's too full, instead of on a 'real' good length.

The real problem is, I don’t think codis or transmission have people who are from crickting background. If they had they would understand things such as logic of field settings, what is a good length, how to build up a score. Etc

The real problem is, I don?t think codis or transmission have people who are from crickting background. If they had they would understand things such as logic of field settings, what is a good length, how to build up a score. Etc

From what i remember from a previous interview we were informed that they did have a sound knowledge of the game and i seem to recall that transmission were based in australia (feel free to correct me if im wrong), so you would guess they would be pretty clued up. Give me the job for the next one, i"d have it sorted in no time as would many people here on pc, this game in many ways is actually a step back from 99, thats right 10 years later and what have we gained?? Slightly better graphics and a pretty decent catching system. Thats not what i would call progress

Unless Developers/Testers has fair idea about all forms of cricket, we will not get a game with realistic game play.
Also they should test the AI more rather than playing with human opponent. If they had played with AI more, they would have caught the Run out bug and AI slogging.

or

They would have added these two bugs as part of having realisitc gameplay occurrences:sarcasm.

If a patch is going to get released. It should be given for Beta testing for few of the PC members before releasing it officially. But not sure how far its probable.

Unless Developers/Testers has fair idea about all forms of cricket, we will not get a game with realistic game play.
Also they should test the AI more rather than playing with human opponent. If they had played with AI more, they would have caught the Run out bug and AI slogging.

or

They would have added these two bugs as part of having realisitc gameplay occurrences:sarcasm.

If a patch is going to get released. It should be given for Beta testing for few of the PC members before releasing it officially. But not sure how far its probable.

i dont think they have time for beta testing of patch if there is going to be one. if so thay would have give it to some of ur members and we would know about it by now... i hope one of our pc boy finds a way to get in to AI editing. thats the best chance i see for now

From what i remember from a previous interview we were informed that they did have a sound knowledge of the game and i seem to recall that transmission were based in australia (feel free to correct me if im wrong), so you would guess they would be pretty clued up. Give me the job for the next one, i"d have it sorted in no time as would many people here on pc, this game in many ways is actually a step back from 99, thats right 10 years later and what have we gained?? Slightly better graphics and a pretty decent catching system. Thats not what i would call progress

You are right, they are based in Australia and in the various question and answer sessions they talked about the game being very tactically aware and having many layers of depth and of the AI adjusting fileds according to the game situation. However much I enjoy this game even I can see this is not the case and that AI take a long time to decide to place a fielder in a different position, after the proverbial horse has already made its way down Frustration Lane!:(

Any developer who creates a field that has mid on, mid off, long on and long off has not watched enough cricket. I laughed first time I saw that field.

Thanks barmy army for the work you are doing on getting us info on the patches that may be released.

Any more info on when and what they are planning to patch i would be gratefull whenever you recieve news such as this.

You know going back to that interview with Jame Firth he does speak rather alot of crap.

You know going back to that interview with Jame Firth he does speak rather alot of crap.

To be fair they did put out a decent cricket game. I am more peeved at the lies they told about fixing the bowlers speeds and overlooking a quitting %/punishment system. Who would have ever though that people would quit in a cricket game online :sarcasm

I've actually got something on the bowling speeds:

Just so you know, Heath *did* revisit the bowling speeds after the feedback from you guys, but he obviously was stretched pretty thin and rushed and didn't go across all players and obviously didn't get to them well enough. Jamie thought it was taken care of, so he was being sincere about it all.

Thanks for that. Confirms once again what I have said here a number of times that I believe these are sincere guys. Yes they have got a business to run but I think they are genuinely interested in this game and want to see it work. I think we will get a patch and we can look forward to an improved game next year as we go towards the Ashes in Australia. In the meantime I shall continue to enjoy this one.:)

Nice one, Colin. I don't suppose anyone said something about the bowling lengths?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

It's not really a question that has an answer. I have talked to Transmission about the issues and we were both on the same page with regard to what the problems are.

That's something positive, at least. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Thanks for that. Confirms once again what I have said here a number of times that I believe these are sincere guys. Yes they have got a business to run but I think they are genuinely interested in this game and want to see it work. I think we will get a patch and we can look forward to an improved game next year as we go towards the Ashes in Australia. In the meantime I shall continue to enjoy this one.:)

Hopefully we won't have to wait until next year to get the patch... :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread