Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
pcnl-sm.png
Welcome everyone to the rebirth of PlanetCricket Cricsim, the PlanetCricket National League. The PlanetCricket National League will be driven by you, starting with the creation of teams.

Teams will be made by submitting a proposal for a team - if you're successful, you'll be the captain of that team when it joins the national league.

Potential team leaders will need to come up with a model for their team that can attract players and fans alike, because you'll need them to make it in to the league.

A team proposal will be made as a thread and contain your team logo, team kit, home ground and home city (even if it isn't in your team name), team mascot - and your star player. Also, make it interesting with your team's back story, try and make your team sound as great as possible.

The star player will be the only member of your team that won't be a regular forumer - they can be an international cricketer, or someone you made up. You'll use your star to attract players and they will also get a stats boost in the sim. You'll have to decide whether you want an all rounder, batsman, bowler or keeper as your star, and it could be key to your chances of success.

Once you've got all that, you need to start your membership drive, find players who will commit to being on your team, win them over and boost your numbers.

After a few weeks, the time for making proposals will end and then there will be a final week to draft players. After that, 7 teams will enter the competition - the top three teams numbers wise, top two in post count (from members other than the captain), the one that's decided by staff as the best proposal out of the rest and one random team.

The competition will then take place using Cricsim (unless consensus over using a new sim is made), in 35 over format and 4 day format.

If you have any queries post them below, otherwise, start working out your teams - but remember if too many of you make your own teams, you lessen your chance of gaining the numbers to make it in.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Sounds good.
The competition will then take place using Cricsim (unless consensus over using a new sim is made), in 35 over format and 4 day format.
Why don't we use CC?We can create a competition of our own, and supports all the three formats.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Why don't we use CC?We can create a competition of our own, and supports all the three formats.
You mean Cricket Coach? I have Cricket Coach 07 that I could use, if that has the needed features.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Matt, I take this as we just need to post in 'Team Drafting' thread for a team, is it?

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
More the fact that it's completely out of the blue :p

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Question - how many players does one team require? Can Team leaders also be players themselves?

Chewie

BCCI President
Pretty sure team leaders can be players.

As for number of players in each team, the draft will probably make sure there's an even spread

----------

Anyone feel like starting a team with me? :D You can be given a management position ;)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Chewie, I want to start one. We might do it together with 50% shares...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As for number of players in each team, the draft will probably make sure there's an even spread
Yeah, in addition, anyone who make a team but doesn't get in the final competition would free up all their players to play for one of the remaining ones.

The team leader can play (and you essentially play as two players, as you'll also control the star player) and unless they decide not to be, is captain.

Chewie

BCCI President
Well I was wanting some sort of theme for the top people in the side, i.e. NZers or Staff Members :p

Users who are viewing this thread