Is anyone having the same nightmare as me?

beswick13

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok so while I've posted this in the bug page too, I'm hoping for some advice or at least feedback from someone who has experienced/is experiencing the same thing as me at this moment in time.

I was enjoying the game well and fine (PS4, on a disc), playing a test match between downloaded Australian and Indian teams at a downloaded Eden Gardens. I went to save and exit the game to watch the Big Bash, and as I exited, the game 'crashed' as it was reading my data. Now when it happened I cringed knowing that it's BAAAAD when a game is turned off during one of these loading/saving screens.

I went to start the game again, and to my disappointment, it fails to get past the reading data/academy data screen and crashes. I've tried it several times (and deleted the game and re-installed) to no avail.

What are my options? Please tell me it's over before I begin!!

Ok so while I've posted this in the bug page too, I'm hoping for some advice or at least feedback from someone who has experienced/is experiencing the same thing as me at this moment in time.

I was enjoying the game well and fine (PS4, on a disc), playing a test match between downloaded Australian and Indian teams at a downloaded Eden Gardens. I went to save and exit the game to watch the Big Bash, and as I exited, the game 'crashed' as it was reading my data. Now when it happened I cringed knowing that it's BAAAAD when a game is turned off during one of these loading/saving screens.

I went to start the game again, and to my disappointment, it fails to get past the reading data/academy data screen and crashes. I've tried it several times (and deleted the game and re-installed) to no avail.

What are my options? Please tell me it's over before I begin!!

If you are OK with loss of data (your downloaded teams/bats/logos etc. and save files), you can remove all your Saved data in "Application Data Management" in Settings of your PS4. Deleting the game and re-install won't help, but removing your saved data will definitely reset everything back to how the original game is.

There are a couple of things you can try...

Option 1: Delete the saved game you were playing as it seems the saved game is corrupted and is causing issues.

Option 2: If option 1 doesn't work go with what @Pat mentioned, i.e., go to PS4's settings for Application/Game save data and delete 'Stadiums', 'Logo' and 'DBC 17 Profile' data. This would be akin to a fresh install and restore the game to its original settings.

My suggestion would be not to play matches in custom/downloaded stadiums as you do get more frequent crashes and related issues using the same. At least do so till Patch 3 comes along.

If you are OK with loss of data (your downloaded teams/bats/logos etc. and save files), you can remove all your Saved data in "Application Data Management" in Settings of your PS4. Deleting the game and re-install won't help, but removing your saved data will definitely reset everything back to how the original game is.

Yeah I'll probably go with this when I have the chance and start fresh. It happened late last night so I wasn't really thinking straight and couldn't even find that data management setting. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread