Is anyone using default players?

Radders

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Got the game coming this Friday (if amazon uk manage it) This career mode player linking problem has me worried as I was looking forward to playing for Somerset but don't want Trescothick opening the bowling etc....

So my question is firstly: can you just choose not to download best rated players and simply use Big Ant's default fictional players?

And secondly; is anyone doing this already and what's it like? If any of you have played PES football and used to play the 'master league' you'll remember that you used to get a squad of fictional players, I didn't used to mind this much at all as the gameplay was so good. I'm thinking of doing the same with DBC if it avoids the above mentioned opening batsmen opening the bowling or something similar going on which I'd find annoying.

PS: this is my first post and I just want to say thanks and well done to BA team for giving us cricket fans something to play with, it's been a while, good on ya.

I use default players, but not being from ENG or AUS, it doesn't bother me at all as I'm not familiar with the domestic sides, so except for the obvious big names, I wouldn't notice a difference in any case.

I believe you can adjust the names on the default rosters if you want to to their real life counterparts to increase the realism a bit but some of the rosters are slightly out of date.

I'm in the same boat as you, it's coming from Amazon on Friday all being well. I'll definitely use the default players to begin with and I'll download the real players after a month or two when the linking issue is sorted and player ratings have evened out a bit.

My first career isn't going to be particularly serious anyway, I won't be making myself. Instead I'll make a randomised character while I learn the ropes. So I won't really need the real players until I decide to do a more serious career.

Just on a side note, does anyone know if the competitions in career mode are editable like changing the amount of overs/rules and stuff? Do they use the matches listed in the match editor?

Edit : Tell you what mate, I'll help you work out what the real names are for the Somerset shipped default players if you help me with the Hampshire lot :D?

Last edited:
i just manually linked a few hundred players. took a bit of time but now i have real names in the game with the correct stats/etc. the issue is only when you link teams not just players.

i just manually linked a few hundred players. took a bit of time but now i have real names in the game with the correct stats/etc. the issue is only when you link teams not just players.

Did you do this for international players only as I tried doing this for county players and I can't recognise half of them despite being an avid follower :eek:.

Did you do this for international players only as I tried doing this for county players and I can't recognise half of them despite being an avid follower :eek:.

Just sorted the players by votes and downloaded them and if the creater did it right they automatically linked.

I just went through that list about 100-200 down, i know i've missed a few, but i'm the same i have no idea more than half of the domestic guys. especially the english guys.

All the linkable players in the county sides have been linked. If you do the 'get best' option, it will replace all the players with their correct counterparts (i.e. names), from there you can edit or replace players appearances as you see fit.

Give it a day or so though as I cannot upload the 2014 rosters yet as I am having a problem with CA signing me out when I try to upload. The current rosters are 2013 ones.

EDIT: I should add, appearances, stats, equipment etc HAVE been linked with players names etc, but I meant if you felt that certain players do not look so good, you can replace them as you wish.

All the linkable players in the county sides have been linked. If you do the 'get best' option, it will replace all the players with their correct counterparts (i.e. names), from there you can edit or replace players appearances as you see fit.

Give it a day or so though as I cannot upload the 2014 rosters yet as I am having a problem with CA signing me out when I try to upload. The current rosters are 2013 ones.

EDIT: I should add, appearances, stats, equipment etc HAVE been linked with players names etc, but I meant if you felt that certain players do not look so good, you can replace them as you wish.

Could I recommend perhaps teaming up with Karolkarol :)? From what I've seen he's used your squads as his base and moved a few players around to get more or less correct 2014 county rosters.

To be honest I've finished doing the squads, plus updated a few appearances and removed lots of sunglasses. I just need to upload them when I can connect to the servers.

Does any one Know how to change default opening bowlers ???

Everytime I vs AI pakistan or West indies they open the bowling with S.Ajmal and S.Narine ... Even in test matches .... doesn't feel like a real game at all lol

Users who are viewing this thread