Is Brian Lara the best choice of W Indies?

Mohammadasif

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As West Indies is hoping to win the cricket world cup in 2007 after 28 years, the appointment of Brian Charles Lara as the captain of the West Indian team has come under great scrutiny.
But I strongly feel that the appointment of Brian Lara as the captain of the team is the best option for the host team. It is also extremely important that Brian Charles Lara leads from the front. If the West Indies has to win the world cup then it is essential that Lara contributes with the bat as well as motivate the players to play as a unit for their nation. If they play as a team and work on their weaknesses then they stand a very good chance to gift their country the Cricket World Cup. What is your view? Is Lara the best choice of West Indies? If not, then who is the best? You can read an analytical article who has tried to analyze the capabilities of some of the players on the team here >>

In my opinion, for a Captain, you need either a leader/motivator or a player who sets an example for the rest of the team to follow. Lara falls into this second category quite well. He also has experience, so imo is the best choice.

Brian lara is one of the great batsman of the cricket of Carr.....I think he is always the best choice of Windian Team........
Extra - I love the Brain Lara's Batting style

He's not the best captaining option around for the West Indies in my opinion, but he should lead his team in the world cup for the same reason Inzamam should lead Pakistan, they can play match saving knocks that can spur their teams and lead by example. I think Chanders is a better option after the World Cup.

IMO he is a good captain, they shud keep him till WC07.

Brian Lara is a brilliant player...and he can lead his team very well in the World Cup.....West Indies has a chance of winning this world cup coz they have Home Support and even a well talented team i must say.....

Lara captain for me. Mainly because I don't think anyone is substancial enough to take over the captaincy for the West Indies. Though, I must say I was impressed with Dwayne Bravo's efforts in Australia last summer. Also, I don't really see the West Indies beating Australia or any other team who poses a threat.

Last edited:
wfdu_ben91 said:
Lara captain for me. Mainly because I don't think anyone is substancial enough to take over the captaincy for the West Indies. Though, I must say I was impressed with Dwayne Bravo's efforts in Australia last summer. Also, I don't really see the West Indies beating Australia or any other team who poses a threat.

Ummm that post doesn't quite make sense :D Anyways Windies are at home remember in the WC so they will have an advantage. WI performed strongly against India in the ODI series recently and under Lara's captaincy I'd say they are a good chance of qualifying for the semis.

kodos said:
Ummm that post doesn't quite make sense :D Anyways Windies are at home remember in the WC so they will have an advantage. WI performed strongly against India in the ODI series recently and under Lara's captaincy I'd say they are a good chance of qualifying for the semis.

Yeah, I dunno. I just don't think there team is as strong as the competition. The last time I saw them play, they were running around the ground making stupid noises while doing John Cena "You Can't See Me" taunts.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Yeah, I dunno. I just don't think there team is as strong as the competition. The last time I saw them play, they were running around the ground making stupid noises while doing John Cena "You Can't See Me" taunts.
I love it when they do that

wfdu_ben91 said:
And you think John Cena came up with that. :P

I think West Indies are dangerous in the ODI version of the game, but then, any side that's worth its salt is.

I think he's a good choice, his skills as a captain are above average and he is an excellent batsman

Right now hes easily the best choice for captain for the Windies. They don't have anyone else that springs to mind for me.

Users who are viewing this thread