is cricket 2004 worth buying?

M

marsques

well got c2k2 on the day it came out and was looking forward to buying c2k4... until i read the reveiw on one of the new zealand game sites and eversince then all you hear about this game is ... well not good...

dont you reckon that its a good idea for the rest of us to stop buying the game until EA (HB...) bring out a decent patch that fixes all these bugs...

in comparison to Cricket 2002 cricket 2004 is stilborn...

c2004 has been made or i should say programed in such a way that its very much difficult to patch and flush out the bugs completly...c2004 imo is not still born...its way much better the c2002...its not about stopping the purchses of cricket games but the time the developers should take to test it...untill and unless EA and HB release a good patch nothing is possibl...all i can say to concluse this is enjoy it as it lasts coz most of the cricket games are low budget ones so dont expect a game like unreal tournament 2004 type graphics and FIFA like huge

answer to your topic is thats its worth a rental ( ps2 )but if ur a hardcore cricket fan then go get it (pc/ps2)

I would've thought that if you were a hardcore cricket fan you wouldn't get it because of all the imperfections <_<

:D c2k4 sucks with all those bugs, i still play c2k2 which is little better,

cricket 2002 sucks even more now. cricket 2004 is 4 times as better despites the bugs.

blc99/sw99 was superior than its EA counterparts. Its the same team that devolped cricket 2004. Initially cricket 2004 was "not worth it" for buying. thanks mainly to that awfull 600 mb gob file. Thanks to various modders , this game is now showing some life. Presently its not a must have, but can be buyed if you are a cricket fan and loved blc/sw 99.

its not the graphics that bothers me... if you like a game and the graphics are lets say BLC99 type u dont notice it after a while... but bugs... they sure do bug...

its not the budget that brings out quality games but how its tested... Anyone who has played worms world party or them type of games where its not the graphics that keeps you playing its the game play...

you dont expect formula 1 cars to go racing on bumby roads do you?

y'all be trippin'.........you must be lookin' for perfection fa real......I own cricket 2004 for the PS2 and it wipes it's end with cricket 2002 in every department.......no doubt the graphics are very basic and the commentary is straight up poor but gameplay and realism be where this game hits it's mark.I ain't ever had a problem with the runnin' between wickets which half you dumb cats claim is a bug......as for runouts.....they happen as often as the real thing.......peeps be sayin' this game is a bug fest but on the real I could pick out just as many flaws with Madden and Live but these are called 'Stellah' titles.......instead of bein' so judgemental why you don't just enjoy this game for what it is.......and that be a tight title.......besides I challenge any of you pussy whip bitches who hate on this game to drop a cricket title and see how it compares to EA's latest installment.......ain't no-one would even notice your weak attempts........as an American givin' major props to a sport my country don't even play........shyt son,that gosta be sayin' sumthing.

one.

well in my view,with comparison to the c2k4 is far better than c2k2.It's foreign tour concept,domestic cricket,detailed player attributes and AI(batting confidence meter) makes it much better than c2k2.But what it hasn't had is the constant score tracker,which was there in blc.Everything is perfect apart from the above one.Lets be honest we cannot compare the graphics of fifa or other games with this one.Its a low budgeted one,ea cannot get more profit from this game as it gets from fifa.But all of the above much improved seeing from the point of view of the technical aspects of the game.I think the that player score tracker would have made it a complete one.

Yeah I would say dat cricket 2004 is beta dan 2002 with all the patches it makes it a lot beta like the kit updates, bats etc. You can play a full season of county or state cricket and d foreign tour is a good edition aswell ?

Cricket 2004 is good but i has many bugs ... buy it only if u are willing to undate ur game and never get bored... ;)

It's worth buying if you can be bothered or if you want to add patches and stuff to make it better but not if you're going to play it without any patches.

Users who are viewing this thread