Is it all's its cracked up to me

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Guys,

I really need help and guidance. I know by now a number of you have played the game in Oz or imported a version. I was bitterly disappointed with Rugby and need to know that Cricket will live up to the hype and that the changes are actually there.

BOWLING

1. Is the bowling different? Do you get rewarded for bowling a consistent line and length and is it suitably difficult to achieve this?

2. Do you get reverse swing later in the innings? Do you get more bounce with the new ball?

3. Does the pitch wear giving spinners a greater advantage in the latter stages of the match?

BATTING

1. Do both Human and CPU batsmen play and miss more?

2. Are there a greater number of edges - both inside and outside?

3. Can you position yourself in the crease throwing off a bowlers line and length and potentially leading to stumpings?

4. LBW!! This was a massive bug bear of mine from the first game. Are you still given out when the ball pitches outside leg? Are you still given out when the ball hits you outside off stump and you are playing a shot? And are there more LBW decisions given?

5. Does this confidence metre actually work or do you still average 8-10 runs per over in a Test Match?

FIELDING

1. Are there more bat pad catches?

2. Do the fielders still hurl it into the stumps while facing the wrong way?

3. Do fielders still hit the stumps all the time?

4. Does the Wicket Keeper have to leave the stumps to gather wild throws?

5. Are there super fielders?

EDITOR

1. Is the player editor rubbish?

2. Can you edit existing players?

I remember from 2002 that a lot of promises including the player editor were made and then not included in the final game because of time constraints. Any answers would be gratefull appreciated.

I suggest you read a few threads around this forum. Most of your questions have been answered already. Try using the search feature :D

Cheers Edge,

Have seen most of teh threads but it seems that most of them were written before they had played the game. Just trying to find out whether or not these features are actually in the game or not. Especially concerned as EA delayed its release since December.

Look at the Bugs List thread. There couldn't be such a thread if we all hadn't played the game.

There are definitely more bugs in the game that in Cricket 2002. Line and length definitely produce more results. LBW is still as bad as ever (don't think they'll ever get that quite right). In my opinion, batting is slightly more challenging that in 2002 (particularly in hard mode). Pitches are consistent throughout - no wear and tear, nothing to improve pitches if you start a test match on a wet day. Edges are certainly more regular, almost TOO regular at times. Catching is better (including bat-pad catches), but the fileders are still frustratingly slow when stopping and throwing the ball back in (though there is a marked improvement from medium to hard levels). Fielders definitely miss the stumps a lot more than in 2002. Frustratingly, however, the AI batsmen seem to base their runs on how long the fielder takes to get to the ball. That is, if he hits it softly and the fielder has to run in a little, the batsmen often take off and get run out. I played on hard against Aus (playing as SA) and got Aus out for 120 with 10 run outs! Keeper sometimes has to jump for wayward throws, but I don't recall seeing him leave the stumps to collect a ball - may be wrong there. Super fielders. Well, Bangladesh might think so...

yeah in tst matches the keepers do leave the stumps quite regularely(sorry about the spelling),but in one dayers just lets you get runs against spinners when the ball is right next to the stumps.

At the moment the game is starting to slowly get better.

- Ravi's tweak has made the game more realistic and challenging.
- Sam's .exe tweak has fixed up some of the major bugs plus added a nice challenge to the game also.
- The Save Tweak also helps as always when wanting to change settings during a match.

Overall, the game was really annoying at first, but now seems playable.

The tweaks definately sound like they make things better hence why I am changing from PS2 to PC.

there are a lot of bugs ....but some improvements also....there are overthrows in the game....the keeper does sometimes leave the stumps...there is play and miss and edges.....i myself am curious about the reverse swing part though.....can any body answer this...is there reverse swing in the game

it shouldn't be a dream.anyway it's better for you guys with pcs.at least you get a fair and even contest.well i did lose three matches in the full season in aussie domestic cricket,but maybe thats because i ain't that good.

Users who are viewing this thread