Is moving the bowler cursor around fair? please vote

Moving the bowling cursor is fair?

• Total voters
Things are so heavily loaded in favor of the batsman (can only comment pre-patch as I'm on PS3) that such tactics balance out the battle a little bit. I personally struggle a bit against manic movement of the cursor during the delivery stride, but hardly find it unfair. When bowling, I tend to move the cursor ever so slightly at the last second along with the delivery type.

More than cursor moving, what I find tear-my-hair-out frustrating is folks who'll bowl over after over of light-green-yorkers.

Agreed, as long as the marker isn't always moved to right on the batsman's toes, I don't mind it (wish I could change my vote!). I find it the most boring thing in the game if someone bowls full every single ball, not naming any names, eh jaraarrow...;)

Last edited:
I am more comfortable hitting the moving cursor then still cursor.
When people keep moving the cursor, not many people can control the bowling meter and get perfect deliveries. When they screw up they get smacked.
And once you start hitting them and getting boundaries, they have no backup plan except to quit. Not everyone but most

I do it occasionally not like some people who make their cursor dance. I bowl 2-3 deliveries and then next one i move it and most of the time i either get the lbw's or batsman get bowled. Its not unfair becoz then you wont get lbws in this game. Its called trapping the batsman.

But when the game is lagging as MuchMore said then it looks unfair.

boney_g added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I am more comfortable hitting the moving cursor then still cursor.
When people keep moving the cursor, not many people can control the bowling meter and get perfect deliveries. When they screw up they get smacked.
And once you start hitting them and getting boundaries, they have no backup plan except to quit. Not everyone but most

dude you now on PSN? :eek: You were among few of the fair PC players here.:mad:

I do it occasionally not like some people who make their cursor dance. I bowl 2-3 deliveries and then next one i move it and most of the time i either get the lbw's or batsman get bowled. Its not unfair becoz then you wont get lbws in this game. Its called trapping the batsman.

But when the game is lagging as MuchMore said then it looks unfair.

boney_g added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

dude you now on PSN? :eek: You were among few of the fair PC players here.:mad:

Thanks boney_g. I loved to play on PC but my PC was such crap that most often game crashed and because of performance issues I could barely play against fast bowlers. I loved to play against you. We had some of the best matches. When I upgrade my PC in 1-2 months I'll mesg you and we can play

The game allow you to move bowling cursor so whether it is fair or not fair is not relevent. You can still score plenty regardless whether the cursor is moved or not.

It is a game you play by the rules given to you. Codemaster and Tranmission allow you to move the cursor, so it is a fair. It is not a glitch or a hack.

Was Bodyline fair? It was a great tactics used by Jardine and Co., people still talk about the Bodyline series.

its not fair to move around the marker and leave till the next second. you are trying to take undue advantage with lag and its NO SKILL but a cheap tactic

with LAG in online play its terrible to bat. i wouldnt mind it if it was for local 2 player, but online NO WAY.

has any1 played baseball games online? how does that work? can the bowler keep moving it too?

to compromise it could stop moving halfway in the bowler runup??

i dont know what transmission are doing? are they making any changes to it?

thats my 2 cents

Last edited:
its not fair to move around the marker and leave till the next second. you are trying to take undue advantage with lag and its NO SKILL but a cheap tactic

with LAG in online play its terrible to bat. i wouldnt mind it if it was for local 2 player, but online NO WAY.

has any1 played baseball games online? how does that work? can the bowler keep moving it too?

to compromise it could stop moving halfway in the bowler runup??

i dont know what transmission are doing? are they making any changes to it?

thats my 2 cents

Agree entirely. Hope the lag is sorted now because it's a lottery with Lag and moving cursor.

As long as this (moving the cursor around) is not used along with exploit custom fields then its fine.

The game allow you to move bowling cursor so whether it is fair or not fair is not relevent. You can still score plenty regardless whether the cursor is moved or not.

It is a game you play by the rules given to you. Codemaster and Tranmission allow you to move the cursor, so it is a fair. It is not a glitch or a hack.

Was Bodyline fair? It was a great tactics used by Jardine and Co., people still talk about the Bodyline series.

I'm a fellow cursor-moving-not-unfair kinda guy, but not sure if I agree with your line of thought. Just because something is allowed isn't necessarily in the spirit of the game, which is what I take fair to mean.

The game also allows people like Z4H17 to bowl every ball in the same light green yorker spot. I've gone 20 overs facing nothing but those damn yorkers. Can't understand how can bowling like that be fun?

Move the damn cursor around all you want - just bowl properly; i.e. mix up your deliveries.

I'm a fellow cursor-moving-not-unfair kinda guy, but not sure if I agree with your line of thought. Just because something is allowed isn't necessarily in the spirit of the game, which is what I take fair to mean.

The game also allows people like Z4H17 to bowl every ball in the same light green yorker spot. I've gone 20 overs facing nothing but those damn yorkers. Can't understand how can bowling like that be fun?

Move the damn cursor around all you want - just bowl properly; i.e. mix up your deliveries.

Just don't play him again.
I guarantee that I will quit any game where this type of scenario unfolds. I will only play people who want a 'proper' game of cricket.

Agreed - I played jaarrow, who only ever bowled full. It's boring to play, and boring to bowl, surely?

Moving the cursor is ok, as long as bowling is mixed up (that should've been an option for the poll! :D )

As I said it does not matter it someone moves the cursor you can still score plenty of runs.

If you allow a bowler to bowl you 20 overs at the same spot then this is your weakness. It might be boring to you but it allows your opponent to get on top, and he will enjoying every bit of it. If you can attack that length and line then that player will not be able to bowl you there for 20 overs unless he is really dumb!

I say to my opponents when they don't like my tactics which varies from my one opponent to another is "make me change my tactics". If you allow me to dicate the terms then I am going to stick with those tactics.

A lot of people complain about lag on top of these tactics. I see lag more akin to playing on a damp pitch. I adjust me target from lets say 160 to 50-60 in a T20 game. I know if I can get this kind of score on the board with the lag being same for both players then I can win.

As I said it does not matter it someone moves the cursor you can still score plenty of runs.

If you allow a bowler to bowl you 20 overs at the same spot then this is your weakness. It might be boring to you but it allows your opponent to get on top, and he will enjoying every bit of it. If you can attack that length and line then that player will not be able to bowl you there for 20 overs unless he is really dumb!

I say to my opponents when they don't like my tactics which varies from my one opponent to another is "make me change my tactics". If you allow me to dicate the terms then I am going to stick with those tactics.

A lot of people complain about lag on top of these tactics. I see lag more akin to playing on a damp pitch. I adjust me target from lets say 160 to 50-60 in a T20 game. I know if I can get this kind of score on the board with the lag being same for both players then I can win.

I understand what you're saying. You're probably out there to win every game you play, and if bowling every bowl in the blockhole gets you there, so be it. Let the guy on the other side figure out a way to counter your tactics. Totally understandable.

My point is, and I know I'm on weak footing here given its a video game we're talking about, it just isn't real. And its not fun. I could spend my time practicing my tonk-the-perfect-yorker-for-an-unreal-six-over-cover shot, or get a game with someone who's not as driven in their ambition to be King of the Leaderboards, and wants to have a half-decent, enjoyable game of cricket. I find the latter a much more rewarding experience.

ThandaMilk, I did not mean to insult your playing ability. I don't bowl just bowl one type of ball to win. Infact if I know that someone is struggling then I will give him easy stuff. I try to make sure that both players have some fun, if the other player does not have fun then he is likely to quit.

The point I was to make was that you should not be put off by if someone uses negative or boring tactics. You just need to break up his pattern of play. To counter attach those tactics you don't need special skills or practise for hours, just a bit of game plan.

If you are on Xbox let me now then we can some fun games.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread