Is the 'Golden Era' B.S?

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its crap. To me its just one of those 'yeah haha, grade 7 was the funniest year because all this ████ happened...'.

P.C is fine at the moment. It doesn't need to change.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
PC is the best it's been in 2 years simply because General Chat is alive and "Random Thoughts" thread is awesome.

themuel1

International Coach
Its crap. To me its just one of those 'yeah haha, grade 7 was the funniest year because all this ████ happened...'.

P.C is fine at the moment. It doesn't need to change.

Who keeps saying stuff about the "golden period?" I've not seen one person mention it bar to say "it's crap, there was no golden period."

I was around during the "golden period" and it was a lot of fun. It was awhile ago now though and the same stuff that happened in threads like the famed Superthread wouldn't be funny now. Its better now in terms of the general forums and issues forum and that stuff. You couldn't have a serious debate before without threads being closed. It's better now in that regard. As much as I miss speaking to older members like Kevin, James and even Captain Caveman, the new members (new since I've come back) are just as nice guys and I've enjoyed talking and debating with them.

I think its good. Don't know what people think needs to change.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not gonna talk about "Golden Eras" and how much I man-love I have for former members but...

This era is putrid.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I'm doin' my best. I try and stick to talk about NFL, NBA, ICC etc.

Cricket Chat is pointless on here and there are no good cricket games out at the moment so its only natural that the site is lacking.

Highlander999

ICC President
Cricket Chat goes in phases, it was at its lowest a few months ago, it has got better. To be frank, golden era crap is over, no-one cares about it anymore, most the guys from that time have moved on to be replaced by new legends (me :D) As Sam said, there are a decent bunch of guys here now and I actually like being able to kill a spare hour or two by having a proper debate with some intelligent people, whilst still being able to act like a child in the Random Thoughts thread ;)

themuel1

International Coach
I'm doin' my best. I try and stick to talk about NFL, NBA, ICC etc.

Cricket Chat is pointless on here and there are no good cricket games out at the moment so its only natural that the site is lacking.

Yeah, you're right about cricket chat and the fact that the site is suffering a little because of a lack of cricket games (Good cricket games that is). I only post in general and sports threads now.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Cricket Chat has its cycles. Its at its lowest when its Aus v Ind and at its highest when its Aus v Eng.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The "golden era," ended years ago, those who still continue to go back to it obviously haven't moved on. The only difference back then to now is that we had members as mentioned like Kev, James etc. and younger members like evertonfan, culli etc.

There's too many young members now, and a massive influx of Asian kids who cannot type proper English so makes it difficult to interact properly.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Still some of those threads are funny to read, nothing like a bit of laughing at indians who post like 3 year olds :p

P

pcfan123

Cricket discussion was at its lowest (in my stay here) during the comparisons phase.

PC is basically great until Sachin does something, then its a madhouse for a few weeks. I dread the day he gets 100 centuries :eek:

It was the best during the Ashes, the English vs Aussies banter is easily the greatest

hMarka added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Still some of those threads are funny to read, nothing like a bit of laughing at indians who post like 3 year olds :p

So that makes them 2 years older than you? :p

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
How about this forum only members from England & Oz?

Some people have problem with Asian kids here who lack proper English typing knowledge.

How about a English learn vocabulary grammar or whatever test at the sign up process? give it a try Admins, this will certainly bring back the golden or bs/stone age era

:sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread