Votes: 9 25.0%

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • None of them, no one cares about Twenty20

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

khalek

Panel of Selectors
World T20 2007 was undoubtedly one of the best cricket tournaments ever because of the India-Pakistan final and many other reasons such as 6 sixes by UV, Zimbabwe beating Australia etc. 2009 was also pretty good, had some great moments but most games later were one sided affairs and very few sixers hit (They are one of the attractions in this version of the game).

I think this tournament has been awesome, we've seen a lot of close games and high quality cricket and most importantly the best two teams reached the finals and deserving team won the tournament. The only thing that makes this tournament look bad was the IPL fail/overkill before it. I would like to sincerely apologize for creating a thread a year before about this tournament being a fail :p

So what do you guys think? Is this the best of the 3 tournaments?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
All 3 have been good imo. All of them had their moments. I prefer 07 for obvious reasons but the quality of cricket has been good in all 3 editions.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I enjoyed 2007 more if you ask me despite India win, there was many moments which I still remember like Zim beating Aus, watching Ind-Aus semifinal and Ind-Pak (Bowl out) Group stage match till 3 A.M, Ind-Pak tense finals which was expected and yeah ofcourse Yuvraj sixes. I rate 2010 as second and then 2009. Evem though 2009 has also few moments like Australia first ever first round exit and Holland beating England but still I rate 2010 high than 2009.

Last edited:

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
I enjoyed 2007 more if you ask me despite India win, there was many moments which I still remember like Zim beating Aus, watching Ind-Aus semifinal and Ind-Pak (Bowl out) Group stage match till 3 A.M, Ind-Pak tense finals which was expected and yeah ofcourse Yuvraj sixes. I rate 2010 as second and then 2009. Evem though 2009 has also few moments like Australia first ever first round exit and Scotland beating England but still I rate 2010 high than 2009.
It was Holland not Scotland.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
2007 for me, mainly because India won. However, it was also the first tournament so it was exciting and new and South Africa has a knack for organizing awesome tournaments. It also seemed like since all the teams were new to Twenty20 on an international level (at least competition-wise) that they were all on more equal footing.

2010 and 2009 have been good. Obviously, 2010 suffers since it was held so close to the previous one and so many teams appeared out of touch (South Africa, India, New Zealand spring to mind). However, I for one will have no problems with the tournament going into the 2-year plan now instead of every year.

puneet28

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
2007 Was undoubtedly Best. More because the matches were tight, more night games, Nice Stadium Effects and there was lot of craze at that time. Now we have 3 editions of IPL especially 2 edition of IPL+World T20. that i didn't liked because almost 60 days of t20 cricket makes it boring.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
2007. India came in anti-t20, no one expected us to do anything. This was a good thing, we changed up our team, got a new captain, and pumped some new blood into Indian cricket.

We almost got screwed over by the rain against scotland, came back with an awesome bowlout victory vs Pakistan...6 sixes...fantastic semi vs the Aussies... And the fated final leading to Misbahs brain explosion which has since changed the game of cricket in an unprecedented magnitude.

Params7

International Cricketer
2007 all the way. The night it was concluded was one of the best nights of my life.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
2007 for sure! Believe it or not me and my dad bought a DVD after the match was over on that same day (we decided not to check the scores up until that point) so when we watch it will be almost like watching it live (the final that is). Awesome tournament that one =)

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Everything was great about 2007. They had to start everything from scratch. And they did great job. It was fine until India won

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Well obviously Indians will say 2007, Pakistanis will say 2009 and English will say 2010.

The 1 vote for none of the above is probably from an Australian fan.

For me: Both 2007 and 2009 were great. Matches were awesome, crowd was awesome. 2009 ranks higher for me obviously because of Pakistan winning.

In 2010 some of the matches were great, but the lack of crowd/atmosphere was a huge let down.

Users who are viewing this thread