Jiofi - perfect case of mismanagement?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Right, so I purchased the jioFi (wifi-router by Reliance). The device is for those like me who do not have a 4g enabled phone but still want to use the free preview offer by JIO.

The problem is; it's hardly 4g. I bought the decide around a week back and the maximum speed I'm getting is 1mbps. In the name of 4g, the JIO brand clearly isn't delivering.

I do understand that on mobile platforms the band is to be set at 40 to get maximum speed (some say it's more than 10mbps, I can't vouch for that). As I do not have a 4g enabled phone, I'm not using the JIO sim on it - obviously PC remains my only option to get access to high speed internet.

The question is, can the PC users using JIO Sim get similar hike in speed - through any tip or trick maybe? I'm hearing about using VPN's but I've no knowledge of whether that is 1) safe and 2) actually works. Is there any tech expert here who has any knowledge of the same?

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'm getting is 1mbps
1mbps or 1MBps? If 1 MBps then you are getting a way lot better speed than rest of us. I was using it till a week ago and I was hardly getting more than 50KBps in the day time. Speed increases in the night, though. Jio speed varies on regions also. So if you are getting 1MBps then you should be happy.

Using VPN won't bump your speed drastically.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
It also depends on the signal strength. At home my Jio data is pretty slow (I use the SIM in my 4G phone) but outside the speed it pretty good. Also I hardly get good coverage at my house.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I still get 60-70 Mbps. Don't know what's wrong. Sorry for bumping wanted to share my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread