joedoe21's New Zealand/Zimbabwe Tour *{Hard}*

Oh ok then. Well I don't have any trouble with the line ups. It only happens if I save. Do you save your game?

Also, I've only played tests with the default team, so perhaps the lineup changes on that if you chose your own team.

Ok. To see who you play go to the fixtures option in the menu screen of the tour. Good luck with the one day tour!

Do you have a digital camera so you can post pictures?

Nah, i dont have a digital camera :(

You can see my tour details in my thread now

and thanks for ur good luck

Tour of New Zealand/Zimbabwe

New Zealand Lead Series 1-0
ODI Series - Game 2 of 5
Australia VS New Zealand

MATCH INFORMATION
  • Normal Pitch
  • Sunny Weather
  • Warm Temperature
  • 50 Over Match
  • Hard Difficulty

SQUAD
Hayden
Gilchrist
Clarke in for Ponting (injured - blister)
Martyn
Lehmann
Bevan
Harvey
Symonds in for Bichel (out of form)
Gillespie
Macgill
McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Australia won the toss and elected to bat first. Australia's objective today was to stay in for the whole 50 overs, and try not to make risky runs until the end. Bad news for the Aussies when Ponting was a late withdrawal and was replaced by new talent Clarke and out-of-form Bichel was replaced by Symonds. Australia got off to another dreadful start with Hayden was bowled for a duck. More trouble came later with Bevan and Gilchrist both getting run out. A slow, but much needed partnership between Martyn and Lehmann was made and Australia found themselves in a more confortable position of 3/52 after 20 overs. Another run out sent Martyn back to the pavilion for 27 in the 27th over (how ironic), and Australia were 4/77. The newcomer Clarke came in, and got a bit too excited and was out first ball trying to smash a boundary, but the ball fell into the hands of the fielder at mid off. By the 30th over, New Zealand set a defensive field and quick singles were easy to come by, as Australia started to get over 3 runs an over. Lehmann was dropped on 48, and made his half century next over off 97 balls and hitting two 4's. Symonds and Harvey got out LBW for charging and being hit on the pad first by Vetorri. MacGill came in and slogged away a couple of sixes to get Australia to a mediocre total of 171. Lehmann top scored with 64.

New Zealand got off to a great start getting 9 funs off the first over. After a dreadful over by Gillespie, he later got the captain Flemming caught by Gilchrist. Astle then fell vicitm to the Australian attack and was caught in gulley. McGrath claimed the wicket of McMillan in the next over and New Zealand were in trouble at 3/38. Cairns and Styris started a slow partnership but in the end it didn't get anywhere as Gillespie got the wicket of Cairns caught in the covers and McGrath getting Styris out with the slower ball and was caught behind. New Zealand started playing more defensive to get back on track. The opening bowlers for Australia had done a superb job so far, and it got better with Gillespie claiming his 4th wicket bowling Mccullum for just 1. New Zealand had no chance of winning now at 6/47 and Harvey and MacGill mopped up the tail. New Zealand were all out for just 72 runs and Australia won by 99, levelling up the series 1-1 with 3 more games to go.

Last edited:
The Worm. New Zealand had a good Run Rate, too bad they couldn't keep their wickets :p

Attachments

• worm.jpg
    worm.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 45
Originally posted by joedoe21
Thanks. For some reason the next game on the tour was skipped (another bug perhaps :rolleyes: ). Though the game I just played was really overcast so I'll call it match abandoned due to rain.

Tour Match Australia VS Cant'bury

MATCH ABANDONED - due to rain

I'd like to say that this game is NOT ABANDONED..... look at the tour dates on the first page, the date for the game is March 5, it will be played before the tests start against New Zealand, and is a Test Match (assumably).

Users who are viewing this thread