AMA Just filling this up since its a mandatory field.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Once an avid PC user, who purchased a Laptop and got a broadband only to access PC, then took some time off.

I highly doubt if there's someone who would recognize me (probably few who bid for me in PCPL would do) and I'd call it an achievement if I get 10 questions all consolidated here ;) .

PS: I'm a trainspotter from India and a big fan of RCB.

P

PrincessJade

Well here is the first question in just minutes of you posting. What do you like about trains? x

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well here is the first question in just minutes of you posting.

Quite unexpected. Thanks :) .

What do you like about trains?

Here in India, the railway is not streamlined perfectly. It is headed by a single organization, and there are numerous things that are quite imperfect. It is split into different zones, and every zone has its own specialty, and the fact that all these imperfections and drawbacks of different regions are overcome by simple methods.

I like the way all the gaps are filled to ensure smooth running of a service, with a wonderful success rate.

P

PrincessJade

Quite unexpected. Thanks :) .

Here in India, the railway is not streamlined perfectly. It is headed by a single organization, and there are numerous things that are quite imperfect. It is split into different zones, and every zone has its own specialty, and the fact that all these imperfections and drawbacks of different regions are overcome by simple methods.

I like the way all the gaps are filled to ensure smooth running of a service, with a wonderful success rate.
Well.........good. If you are happy, I am happy. x
I used to go on the train to the sea side when I was little. I loved the train. x

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well.........good. If you are happy, I am happy. x
I used to go on the train to the sea side when I was little. I loved the train. x

Thanks for the first line. :)

I have some friends who've been on trains in Europe/UK, and their stories were pretty amazing, especially the London Kings Cross station, I wish I could be there some day.

PS: You must take a look at some of my railway clicks on my Flickr. Although I don't usually update my Flickr, I save most of my pics for myself because I'm scared of plagiarism, I put on some occasions.

Here is the link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/85992756@N05/

P

PrincessJade

I’ve not been to kings cross. But s few years ago I went to Liverpool Street station. x

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Have you seen the film Trainspotting? If so, how similar would you say it is to your life?
How do you know that a particular train is going to be in a particular place at particular time?
Do the trains run on time where you live?
Ever been caught by a ticket inspector?
Have you been happy lately thinking about the good things to come?
Ever worn platforms?
Ever done something mischievous and tried to cover your tracks?
Is there anything else apart from trains that you are enthusiastic about, or is everything else beneath your station?

Choo on these questions for a while if you need to...

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just a bunch of questions relating to the events of the previous year:

The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the year 2017?
What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
What new skills did you acquire during the year?
Was there anything you tried for the very first time in your life?
What was the best gift you received?
Any particular moment during the year that you might remember say 20 years from now?
Any song or album released during the year that may have caught your attention?
Any favorite movie relased during the year?
If you've participated in any of my leagues the past year, which one do you think stands out in your opinion?
What do you think had the biggest positive impact on your life during the year?
What one thing would you have done differently if given the chance?
On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your year with regards to your life outside the forums and on it?

And now for the next one:

What skills do you want to lean, improve or master in 2018?
Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Any particular habits you want to change or get rid of?
What do you plan to achieve this year in life and on these forums?
Who do you see as potential qualifiers for the Cricket World Cup from this year's WC qualifiers and why?
Who do you think will be the No 1 ranked team in Test cricket come December 2018 and why?
Any particular cricketer you think is worth watching out for this year?
Who will you be supporting during the 2018 FIFA World Cup that starts in six months time?

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Have you seen the film Trainspotting? If so, how similar would you say it is to your life?

Nope. Not a big fan of movies.

How do you know that a particular train is going to be in a particular place at particular time?

Thorough understanding of time table and also by previous observations. And also, to help us locate the exact location of train, we have a website: https://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in/ntes/

Put the train number, station, and the date on which the train arrives or departs the station, you'll find the required data.

Example: You may try 22691 for Secunderabad on 13-01-2017

Do the trains run on time where you live?

Nope. Not really. Delayed by 30 minutes on an average.

Ever been caught by a ticket inspector?

Yup. Printer went out of ink, and I didn't notice the ticket while taking it. I ended up with an empty ticket without any journey details on it.

Have you been happy lately thinking about the good things to come?

Nope. Absolutely not.

Ever worn platforms?

No. I wouldn't do that ever.

Ever done something mischievous and tried to cover your tracks?

Yup. Many times :v

Is there anything else apart from trains that you are enthusiastic about, or is everything else beneath your station?

Cricket, and the love for huge machines (planes, upto some extent ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread