Kishore Kumar : The Singing Legend

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have`nt been that regular on PC for a while now except for a few posts here and there on how hopeless India have been recently but for a change I thought I would start a topic on one of my favorite singers. Kishore Kumar is a God gifted talent and I believe he would have fans on both sides of the border.

I would like this thread to be a topic on your favourite Kishore songs. All Indians and Paksitanis, get this rolling.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Haven't really listened to his music but did watch chalti ka naam gaadi. Very good songs in that. Absolutely amazing singer.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Well truly he is a great singer. Still enjoy great ones like Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas, Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle, Koi Hota Jisko Apna..........

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Kishoreda is my most favorite singer of his generation too. I am a big fan of Md. Rafi too, but I feel Kishoreda is more versatile in that he can sing soft and melodious songs with almost as much effort and passion as Rafi, but Rafi can't match the energy and the enthusiasm of Kishoreda's peppy songs.

My favorite Kishoreda songs are - "Rote Hue Aate Hain Sab" (Muqaddar Ka Sikander), "Aanewala Pal Jaanewala Hai", "O Saathi Re" (Muqaddar Ka Sikander)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Nice but in my opinon its all about Sonu Nigam

Sonu Nigam doesn't come anywhere near Kishoreda. Udit Narayan vs Sonu Nigam is like Kishore Kumar vs Mohd. Rafi of those days. Kishore Kumar and Udit Narayan are more versatile. Mohd. Rafi and Sonu Nigam are best in a certain style of songs (melody, duet, pathos).

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think none can deny Rahat Fateh Ali is a true legend and comparable to Kishore Kumar

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think none can deny Rahat Fateh Ali is a true legend and comparable to Kishore Kumar

Legend he might be (I haven't heard much of Rahat except for probably one or two songs). But comparable to Kishore Kumar, NO WAY!!! Rahat is associated with a certain style of singing (soft Sufi type songs). Kishore Kumar is versatile to the core. He can sing melody, soft songs. And he is a legend of singing yood'ling and peppy songs..

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think, I need to listen to more Kishore songs to appreciate him. But I suppose he not really genre

Users who are viewing this thread