Your Cricket knots in the bat

Taezer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
my dad bought a rbk bat a few days ago for me from india. When I looked at the bat model on the internet, they said it was supposed to be top-of-the line grade 1 willow with no imperfections. http://www.cricketbats.com/0bat-detail.asp?id=1350
However, when i saw i yesterday i noticed 2 knots on the front of the bat. they were not that big but that that indicate that the bat is fake or stickered on?. The shape looks just like the bats on the internet and my dad said he spent 7990 on it, i just wanna make sure i wasnt riped off.

well usual grade 1 english willow is the top of the range, the best willow available. Knots suggest to me that it isn't English grade 1 willow.

pictures of the knots on the bat. what difference do they make when ur playing a game or practice?

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 216
It might be a Butterfly Stain, which is very, very good. The stain is made by the willow having a disease in that area. As a result, the wood becomes stronger and pings better, as well as lasting for longer. The zoomed in image isn't clear enough to tell really, they might just be blemishes on the wood. If they areknots though, they won't affect the bat in any way other thanit looks.

Click here for more information on special types of wood.

they don't look too bad. they don't look like knots to be honest.

It is virtually impossible to find a cleft with no imperfections on it. Besides, they're so small and won't affect the bat in any way other than its cosmetic looks. And, like Isaid before, if it's a butterfly stain, it's a very good thing.

lightbulb added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

well usual grade 1 english willow is the top of the range, the best willow available. Knots suggest to me that it isn't English grade 1 willow.

It has 8 ruler-straight grains and a lovely colour, it has to be grade 1-I've seen many other Grade 1 bats, including my own, with knots in them.

dude that is a grade 1 willow bat man and omg its great. Knots wont affect the bat really if they are and i dont think they are knots cuz mine is slaz grade 1 willow i didnt get any knots on the front of the bat but had 2 on the back lol

alrite, thanks! i really thought i got ripped off

Users who are viewing this thread