Kochadaiiyaan The Legend

RPHKR

National Board President
Kochadaiiyaan The Legend is the first Indian 3D motion-capture animated movie. Earlier Maattrraan, a Tamil movie had used the motion-capture technology, thus Kochadaiiyaan's the second Indian movie to use it.

The movie traced it origin from previous movies, "Sultan the Warrior" and "Rana". Both films were shot earlier but shelved due to financial problems and Rajni's health.

11apr_rana-poster.jpg
sultan3.jpg

Then they announced Kochadaiiyaan on November 2011.

The first look showed the hero dancing like Lord Shiva and one with a bow.
Historically Kochadaiiyaan is a Pandyan king who ruled during 710 CE-735 CE in South India. Kochadaiiyaan means "a king with a long mane". A few Tamil movies in recent times have derived their name from classic literary works.

399856_325282867515159_144773458899435_925693_1014555597_n.jpeg

When the teaser was released, it did disappoint me. The infant soldiers dancing in the teaser looked just artificial in which a single animation was used for 1000s of soldiers. I thought that it gonna be like Chotta Bheem and it would air in Pogo. :D

I thought the film gonna flop with poor animation and efforts. We were just waiting for the release of soundtrack in October 2013. The release was further delayed and finally it got released with the trailer. The trailer did create an interest and hype. It had some mediocre animation when compared to Hollywood standards but it's enough considered it is new to India. The dialogues and bgm are great.

AR Rahman has done a decent job and this soundtrack is better than his last collab with Rajni, i.e; Endhiran/Robot.
Enge Pogutho Vaanam is my favorite song.

The movie was announced in November 2011, they said that it would release in Diwali 2012. The film undergone a development-hell and now it will be released in May 9 2014. It took around 2.5 years to complete the film. I am not gonna overrate the film, it really has a mediocre animate let us wait for it is release and check out how it was made.

PS: We have had movie related discussion threads earlier in this forum and this is no exception.

----------

And here is the making of the film.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread