ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

Ok just watched this today. I'm a huge fan of The Lord Of The Rings but I feel that the last 2 Hobbit films were lacking something in which the first 3 Lord of The Rings films had. An Unexpected Journey I thought was bad but this...well it was an even bigger disappointment, There's just no action at all and it's just all talking where as The Lord Of The Rings had at least 3 epic battle scenes in each movie.

Anyone else disappointed with the last 2 Hobbit movies?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Not as much as you. It amounts to almost nothing when compared to LOTR Trilogy. Those movies are pure definition of EPICNESS.So, if you compare to LOTR, which is totally natural, it will fall short.

But just by itself, these were 2 fairly good, entertaining movies. A bit slow in the middle, but still fun nonetheless. I liked the second one better

Also, I did not have any complains regarding the action. Hobbit is telling a very different story when compared to LOTR and the mood is different too. The action is more fun and adventure based, and did not really require any large scaled battle scenes.

Arrowstorm

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Not as much as you. It amounts to almost nothing when compared to LOTR Trilogy. Those movies are pure definition of EPICNESS.So, if you compare to LOTR, which is totally natural, it will fall short.

But just by itself, these were 2 fairly good, entertaining movies. A bit slow in the middle, but still fun nonetheless. I liked the second one better

Also, I did not have any complains regarding the action. Hobbit is telling a very different story when compared to LOTR and the mood is different too. The action is more fun and adventure based, and did not really require any large scaled battle scenes.

Talking of Epicness , where did Hp series go ? that's the best story personifying even death as it is

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Being a hardcore HP nerd in my heydays, I was never the biggest fan of HP movies. Liked the first one and the last 2. Hated Half Blood Prince and OOTP because the screwed up the screenplay :mad :mad

But they are supposedly making a trilogy out of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them. Not based on Harry Potter himself, but set in the same world. Could be fun :D

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_(film)

Arrowstorm

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Being a hardcore HP nerd in my heydays, I was never the biggest fan of HP movies. Liked the first one and the last 2. Hated Half Blood Prince and OOTP because the screwed up the screenplay :mad :mad

But they are supposedly making a trilogy out of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them. Not based on Harry Potter himself, but set in the same world. Could be fun :D

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_(film)

if u got the entire sense of the epilogue you'll be their biggest fan + the new movie that's gonna release comes abt 50-70 yrs bfor harry was even born like dumbledore's youth omg this one's gonna be cool

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The silence of the lambs. :thumbs

P Squared

International Coach

I thought that they were a bit slow-paced, but that is to be expected really - there isn't much action in the books to begin with, there's just one big battle scene at the end, which will most likely be there in the last film.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread