Line-up editor problem

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am using Prakash's Lineup editor and sams cricket.exe. I made the changes to team using the line-up editor for both tests and odi's and then started a world series tournament involving Aus, WI and Pak (VB Series 2005 teams). but when I start playing the line-up is not even close to what I selected using line-up editor. Is there something I am doing wrong? I have backed up a copy of roster.pak file and will experiment again with the lineup editor.

For tournaments or tour games, you have to change the lineups of their corresponding ".sav" game file.

This is my understanding:

The line-up that you save in roster.pak is what is used by the CPU when it plays. But, the team presented at the start of the game seems to follow a specific line-up - I am not sure where the line-up comes from. But, you can save the game and then use the line-up editor to edit the saved game (.sav file) to have the exact same line-up.

If you use the same save spot and if you are playing a series, for all the other matches the line-up that you specified in the .sav file will be the one that you will be presented with.

Prakash said:
For tournaments or tour games, you have to change the lineups of their corresponding ".sav" game file.

Thanks Prakash for the super prompt reply. I will try that out.

I think what it does for tours and other internationals is it simply picks something like the best 5 batters, keeper, 2 quicks, allrounder, spinner and the next best bowler.

Not true, it pics from one of default line-ups only.

yeah but it is all stored in the sav file(even if you select your squad using auto option)

so it becomes a default lineup for the sav file (maybe its simply because you can select any 20 players, so cpu has to make its own default lineup). to change it, edit the lineup in sav.

Users who are viewing this thread