Live Cricket 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that's what I was thinking, but I haven't ever played it and I don't enough free time to go through it. Any volunteers?

GREAT NEWS! The quick simulation mode is pretty much ready...without using Bayesian networks...it takes about 10-15sec to simulate a match and the results seem to be pretty decent...more news tomorrow...

Hey ayub95, not sure yet but when i upload the next version, i'll upload a debug version for the guys having problems running it.

Ooook, new version will be up in the hour. Just fixing a scheduling bug in tournament mode quickly...in the meantime, here's a screenshot of a big tournament being quick simulated...

4QBq.jpg

Last edited:
NEW RELEASE (v2.2)
--------------------

Please let me know how it works for you...also please post screenshots of all errors (if there's an error, the game will pop up 2 error messages). For those who want a more detailed look at what's going on in the game, there's a debug version included. Please note that it'll be quite a bit slower than the proper version.

PS - under Options, you can toggle between Quick and Full simulation. Quick simulation takes 10-15sec to run and is less realistic. Full simulation takes around 5min and is pretty realistic *and* you can view the game in real-time (I like doing this when I'm bored).

PATCH (v2.21)
--------------

I really should do proper testing; this patch fixes a bug when playing a tournament with 1 pool with *all* the teams.

Last edited:
Been working on it a bit in my spare time this weekend and have almost finished the batting practice "mini-game" (it has very basic cloth physics for the net - doesn't look realistic but it'll do for now). Going to work on the bowling practice one soon and then get started on the career mode.

NEW RELEASE: V2.25
--------------------

OK, new test version up. VERY preliminary batting practice and some minor changes to the actual gameplay. The bowling is slightly different now in that it uses a 3-click system. The first click-and-hold is for speed, the second for determining swing/seam/spin and the third is to determine when to deliver (you can bowl no-balls now). As always any feedback is greatly appreciated. There is a strange bug in the batting practice where it crashes randomly at the start. I know where it is, but not sure what's causing it. Will try to fix later.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've forgotten completely about this as I've been very busy. I've updated the website, and I'll try your new version and tell you how it goes shortly.

Xuzuno added 18 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

After playing for about five minutes, the game has really improved visually since I last played it. I'm yet to try the simulation or practice modes, but once you know I tell you what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread