Logo Request

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,

I wondered if anyone might like to try and make the logo of the England Tour Side as organised by MCC back in the day that featured St George slaying the dragon as the crest. This was used on Blazers of the players but thought it might be get look good on a kit?

CRICKET_BLAZER_1976_MCC_TOUR_OF_INDIA_SIGNED_BOOK_BOB_WOOLMER.html

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 435

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi,

I wondered if anyone might like to try and make the logo of the England Tour Side as organised by MCC back in the day that featured St George slaying the dragon as the crest. This was used on Blazers of the players but thought it might be get look good on a kit?

CRICKET_BLAZER_1976_MCC_TOUR_OF_INDIA_SIGNED_BOOK_BOB_WOOLMER.html

Thanks

This was on the caps and helmets too until quite recently. A hearty thanks to anyone making this it would be great

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Every English touring side sported it I think. I've recently designed my own cricket shirt (to wear) with it on. I'm glad someone else thinks it would be a good idea. I've tried to make it on the logo creator but as I have a PS4 and not a PC I find its virtually impossible to achieve. Anyone willing to give it a go on PC and upload to the database would have mine and at least one other person on the threads thanks!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Every English touring side sported it I think. I've recently designed my own cricket shirt (to wear) with it on. I'm glad someone else thinks it would be a good idea. I've tried to make it on the logo creator but as I have a PS4 and not a PC I find its virtually impossible to achieve. Anyone willing to give it a go on PC and upload to the database would have mine and at least one other person on the threads thanks!

Yep. Up until the late 70s all England teams toured as MCC, wearing George and Dragon caps/hats/helmets and MCC jumpers. Then they were officially England in internationals and MCC in tour matches although some players still wore MCC kit even in internationals - Jack Russell was wearing an MCC logo helmet when he batted with Atherton at Johannesburg in 1995.

It's only recently they were England in all matches.[DOUBLEPOST=1501922173][/DOUBLEPOST]I would bloody love it if someone made this...

@Llewelynf @wasteyouryouth @inertSpark

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Yes I think MCC were responsible for organising all tours up until the the ECB took over in about 1993 I think. Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I hope someone is on having a go at making the emblem right now. In the meantime I have had a go at an MCC kit and uploaded it with the current "squad" to to the community section under the user name stephencox32. You may want to have a look even if it's something you might not fancy downloading. Cheers

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes I think MCC were responsible for organising all tours up until the the ECB took over in about 1993 I think. Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I hope someone is on having a go at making the emblem right now. In the meantime I have had a go at an MCC kit and uploaded it with the current "squad" to to the community section under the user name stephencox32. You may want to have a look even if it's something you might not fancy downloading. Cheers

Will check it out cheers

stephencox32

County Cricketer
IMG_0085.PNG
@wasteyouryouth Hi. Following on from you creating the amazing logo above got me thinking about the England badge around the Botham/Gower era when they played at home and wondered if you might want a crack at producing that to. Here is the Logo I mean. What do you reckon? Thanks Stephen

stephencox32

County Cricketer
I've sat and created every MCC touring teams kit from 1787 to 1993 incorpoing this logo tonight. I'm busy putting together the England side from the infamous bodyline ashes tour in the 1930's as the "squad". I included the sky blue kit of MCC from 1787 until 1860 when they changed their colours to the bacon and eggs colour. I'm spending as much time in the creation centre as playing. Fantastic game!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Yes strange that . I've just been downloading the squad from user creations by going down the members of the team and searching for them. I'm half way down and have found them all so far. It was odd that when I searched for the likes of Douglas Jardine ( the pantomime villain for any Australians reading this) he didn't find him until I downloaded them even though they are in the historic team already - I must have been doing something wrong I think.

By the way can you create your own historic tour in the "tour" section or do your u do that just within create a tournament? Thanks

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes strange that . I've just been downloading the squad from user creations by going down the members of the team and searching for them. I'm half way down and have found them all so far. It was odd that when I searched for the likes of Douglas Jardine ( the pantomime villain for any Australians reading this) he didn't find him until I downloaded them even though they are in the historic team already - I must have been doing something wrong I think.

By the way can you create your own historic tour in the "tour" section or do your u do that just within create a tournament? Thanks

You create the tournaments and then add them to the tours.

There is a "historic test" match type with 8 ball overs no drs etc. for playing bodyline

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Ah excellent- I'll give it that a go once I've sorted the squad. Might upload the kits I made just to see what people might think. Cheers for that.

Users who are viewing this thread