London 2012 Olympics

regarding the medal table and the race for 3rd, russia is a bit like a 5000m runner that's set up for a sprint finish for third.

they have a very good track team, especially on the womens side and the wrestling gets under way this week, russia is to wrestling what we are to cycling, everytime you look at the table they're going to have an extra gold or two this week.

we've got the sailing, and hopefuls in canoeing, one or two in track and a few more cycling medals to contest. boxing might provide a few golds, especially with the somewhat dodgey judging the olympics is famous for (not that I want this to be the reason we win, but there's always boxing controversy at the olympics)

south korea aren't out of it either with the taekwondo medals coming up, though I think we would need a disappointing week to slip to 5th. I think we've done enough to finish ahead of france as well.

america and china are going to duke it out for 1st, americas track team isn't quite as dominant as it has been in the past but they should still make regular gains and they have the team events. not sure where china's best hopes are, especially once the mens gymnastics are over. america are probably in poll to finish in first place now.

Last edited:
fearsome tweak yeah, finally scored our second gold. I thought with the timezone difference, I would miss a lot of our gold medal wins, but so far I've seen all 2 of them :p

Just picked up our 3rd gold. Cleaned up in the sailing today. Looked like scoring another in the trap shooting from Michael Diamond after equalling the WR yesterday, but too many misses today and finished 4th.

Can you believe it? We're crucifying everyone in the cycling - but according to the French, it's not that we're better, it's that we're using 'magic wheels'. Those magic wheels must explain why our form dipped somewhat after the last Olympics then. :rolleyes

Enjoy the sour grapes, France. We're thrashing you, and you just can't accept it. :lol:lol:lol:lol

Edit: Well done to Beth Tweddle in the gymnastics - her Olympic medal has been a long time coming. :) In the meantime, Jason Kenny and 'Queen' Victoria Pendleton power their way towards more gold - if they haven't already got them. :D

----------

Bolt failed big time by my standards.

I sense extreme sarcasm...

And there's Kenny's Gold... against another Frenchman. That's really going to piss them off. :D :D :D

Last edited:
At least someone's sarcasm detector is working :p Not like I backed him to win it easy only moments before.

No reports of the magic wheels down here yet, I guess communications are a bit slow.. The velodrome was another place that I was looking forward to some golden showers in, but sadly I can't deny that the Brits have made me hang my head in shame far too many times this past week.

Saudi Won Bronze In Jumping And All Were From The City Of RIYADH :yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

Last edited:
'I' 'don't' 'know' 'what' 'you' 'are' 'talking' 'about', 'puddleduck'.

The Saudis can buzz off, having their women stand miles behind them in the opening ceremony, the cnuts.

Indeed. At least they're being allowed to compete so it's a start.

Does it not take longer to capitalise every first letter?
I'd like to think he has caps lock on and holds down shift for every non capital letter.

The olympics aren't a football team, you don't get to just pick half a dozen countries, you just have to stick with one and complain and redefine success when you don't win gold.

Well Adams got beaten pretty easily this morning in the Women's Shot Put, so we're not looking that good for anymore Golds. We've still got the Men's Triathlon, Sailing, Women's BMX, Women's Hockey, Kayaking, and the Men's 1500m, but they're all really only outside chances for Gold. At least after tomorrow we will have already equaled our Beijing tally, with a few medal chances still remaining.

Bolt seriously casual in the 200m heat, had the time to look both sides a couple of times and still clock a quick time.

Users who are viewing this thread